JD 630 rockshaft falling down

grwrench

hello,, a friend has a JD 630 tractor, he says the rear lift, rockshaft,, works, BUT while he is carying a implement it will drop down. i have not looked at it yet,, BUT i have the JD service manual for the CUSTOM POWR-TROL dated 1957, it appears to apply to the 520,620,720,, will the 630 lift be about the same??

hello,, a friend has a JD 630 tractor, he says the rear lift, rockshaft,, works, BUT while he is carying a implement it will drop down. i have not looked at it yet,, BUT i have the JD service manual for the CUSTOM POWR-TROL dated 1957, it appears to apply to the 520,620,720,, will the 630 lift be about the same??
The 620 is the same in most respects.

I think of four things that need to be checked in side of the rocker-shaft housing and powr-trol.....Faulty check valve in the powr-trol leakin oil... In rocker shaft housing , bad lift piston cup seal... Bad piston cylinder gasket... Crack in the piston cylinder.....

John Deere 630-- What do you have that you use in your car or truck and other tractors??? Summer / winter, a 10W30 of any good brand would be just fine??????

I think of four things that need to be checked in side of the rocker-shaft housing and powr-trol.....Faulty check valve in the powr-trol leakin oil... In rocker shaft housing , bad lift piston cup seal... Bad piston cylinder gasket... Crack in the piston cylinder.....
Ditto what Jim stated.

hello,, back in the DAY everybody used strait 30 W, soo, with the age & wear i figured something heavier,, 15/40 ??????

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back