Boundry Problem

cleddy

I own some farm land (30 acre) along a curvey highway and share a 624 foot boundry with another guy who has a small Triangular piece of land not more than a 1-2 acres big. He has been a difficult to get along with and would probably never sale his little corner (to me anyway) as it could be Highway front property??
One of the Markers got Destroyed and over the years his& my operators have got the Crop line a little curved and no one knew exactly where the line was but in the whole scheme of things it probaly was not a big deal. Anyway the other Land Owner accused ME of intruding on his LAND even though his Operator aways puts in a crop first. I was able to locate the Marker and have put in Steel fence posts now with Bright Orange. Then strung a White High Tensile fence wire along the Length. Due to the OPERATORS large planters it appears my guy swings wide to get along some trees on the very end and his guy was curving over on my side for some reason even more and they can't get in the corners because of the shape. How close can Farmers plant to a line up to a 624 foot fence line?? I thought with GPS they could keep the line straight but wonder if I actually made the problem worse????

I own some farm land (30 acre) along a curvey highway and share a 624 foot boundry with another guy who has a small Triangular piece of land not more than a 1-2 acres big. He has been a difficult to get along with and would probably never sale his little corner (to me anyway) as it could be Highway front property??
One of the Markers got Destroyed and over the years his& my operators have got the Crop line a little curved and no one knew exactly where the line was but in the whole scheme of things it probaly was not a big deal. Anyway the other Land Owner accused ME of intruding on his LAND even though his Operator aways puts in a crop first. I was able to locate the Marker and have put in Steel fence posts now with Bright Orange. Then strung a White High Tensile fence wire along the Length. Due to the OPERATORS large planters it appears my guy swings wide to get along some trees on the very end and his guy was curving over on my side for some reason even more and they can't get in the corners because of the shape. How close can Farmers plant to a line up to a 624 foot fence line?? I thought with GPS they could keep the line straight but wonder if I actually made the problem worse????
If you know for sure where the line is, plant some well casing posts in concrete, filled with concrete along the problem area. Neither side will want their planters tangled up in one of those posts. Eventually a few trees will start there too, and the problem will be resolved. It would help if you had a licensed surveyor reestablish the corner marker. steve

Reactions: HFJ
I was always told put your fence 1 ft onto your own property and then the other guy touches it he's for sure trespassing. I like a real fence not an imaginary line. in grain land I still think there should be a pole every 300 yards or so.

I was always told put your fence 1 ft onto your own property and then the other guy touches it he's for sure trespassing. I like a real fence not an imaginary line. in grain land I still think there should be a pole every 300 yards or so.
When the highway was put in about 20 years ago the State purchased some property and abandon some country road. The Markers are State Concrete Markers and Line is centered on Markers now at centerline of old Country road. Some one backed over one with a bulldozed but remains of Marker with Rebar was still buried shallow under surface.

If you know for sure where the line is, plant some well casing posts in concrete, filled with concrete along the problem area. Neither side will want their planters tangled up in one of those posts. Eventually a few trees will start there too, and the problem will be resolved. It would help if you had a licensed surveyor reestablish the corner marker. steve
Property lines are sometimes a big issue, especially along road/highway right of ways. One BTO here as a farm next to a state highway, and there is a electric utility line and poles paralleling the highway for the full 1/2 mile and the poles are setting in farmers field about 50 ft from the highway right of way. Well the farmers equipment is so large he can't cultivate/work the ground between the poles and the right of way. Same farmer does some no till so he started spraying the acreage he couldn't work and his 90' sprayer booms would reach entirely across the grass right of way and onto the black top road way. I never could figure out why he just didn't turn off the end portion of the booms when it reached over the grass right of way but maybe his 700K dollar sprayer didn't have that feature. Anyway, after do this for at least 5+ years, DOT finally put some "no farming beyond this point" signs along the edge of the state right of way and the farmer quit spraying the right of way and road way. Several of the signs have been knocked down but most are still there. Interesting. We also have a problem with mostly the BTOs farming the drainage ditches along township roads, sometimes even so far as to the middle of the roadway.
Good luck with your venture.

X2 on the Licensed surveyor.

Reactions: HFJ
If you know for sure where line is, mark it with post or whatever. What he does or does not do on his side Is his problem. Fought with neighbor here for years. He was always encroaching. Everytime we tried to talk about it he would go wild. Finally said enough and hired a licensed surveyor. Established the lines and placed steel post on sight on the lines. Ended the guess as to where the line was.

My county GIS map showed the property line running through the middle of my driveway and garage! "Owners" of the property never knew; they thought the fence was the properly line. The original owners' large farm, subdivided and plots given to family. Fences wherever they wanted to put them.

Hired a surveyor and a lawyer and bought the property (from three different owners) out to the fence line. Now that the fence is mine, it is in dire need of replacement (3-strand barbed-wire), along with most of the rotted-away wooden posts! Another project; just what I need.

Property lines are important for sale, or re-sale of the land. No questions when someone asks you to get off their (supposed) land; you can prove it is yours. zuhnc

Reactions: Kmo
Often if you have a copy of the old survey I believe I got mine off the abstract in Iowa on that form there is a degrees from each point so if you have at least one survey mark you found you can set to such and such degrees in the gps with rtk like I do if I was starting my first a-b just off degrees. I honestly do this often on square fields I mean we live in Iowa 0 or 90 has you covered pretty well rarely will you get a full planter off or even half a planter with our little 16 row. The guys with the row shutoffs don't even have to go cultivate it out like we do but yes an unmarked boundary if you have the degrees and rtk put the potato plow on the three point and draw a line. That should get everybodys attention. They probably just have no idea and are making their best guess I have never seen anyone get the survey out to start the field only if they are suspicious or curious and marking boundaries. I know I used it when I was planting my trees.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back