1942 Farmall H Memorial Restoration Update

Ken Christopherson

Hello all. I got around to getting the engine for the memorial H 75% assembled. Got the head on, cam and distributor drive installed and timed, front cover,
pulley, and seal installed. Also the water jacket inspection plate, oil pump (with resurfaced bottom plate) are on. All that is left is the rear main, oil
pan, lifters, push rods/rockers and valve cover, governor and the water pump assembly. Things are coming together nicely.
Also, a little surprise that I was going to keep under wraps, but I got some items back from the chrome shop. I had all of the hand lever linkages done
(throttle lever and linkage assembly, belt pulley, PTO, steering shaft, headlight switch knob, hydraulic control rod, etc.). I wanted to add a little bit of
'flash' to the restoration since it is a memorial restoration that is geared towards mental health/suicide awareness. I have to give a BIG shout out to JR
Custom Plating in North Branch, MN for supplying the chrome work. They insisted that they be part of the project, so a huge thank you to them as well as MANY
others who have contributed so far. The GoFundMe is still slowly climbing (all remaining proceeds will be donated to Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
(link below).

Hope you all enjoy the photos. Once the engine is buttoned up, I'll be moving on to doing all new seals in the rear section. All of the gears shift really
well, and there is zero bearing noise. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it)! I'm hoping to get the entire chassis blasted and primed by winter. Should be ready
for the shows by next year.
cvphoto32564.jpg

cvphoto32565.jpg

cvphoto32566.jpg

cvphoto32567.jpg

1942 Farmall H Memorial GoFundMe

Thanks, Bob! I appreciate that... I'm no professional - just working off 20 years of YT forums learning, a few others, and self-guided lessons!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back