2-105 MFWD axle update

2SteveWI

This is an update to the question I had posted earlier about a bushing in the Clark axle on my 2-105. I did tear it down yesterday and found that there was not a bushing in this axle. I confirmed that the dimensions Jake Collie provided matched my axle. Thanks again Jake. My son is making the bushings for me. The shaft that was in there was a Convel style that looks like an oversize 4 wheeler driveshaft. When I ordered the seals from general gear and Machine in Idaho. I noticed they list that style on their website for about $900 with shipping, no core. This is the place that Chris Losey had recommended in his axle video. The seals were 1/4 of the price of AGCO. Next I am going to try and match a truck tie rod end to the taper of the knuckle and then cut off old ends and tap my tie rod to tighten that up. Thanks again to Jake, and Scootergmc for helping me with this project. Steve.

What did your thrust washers look like? Wallowed out and worn?
With that Convel style axle shaft the axle only touches the outboard washer. The inboard washer was dinged up quite a bit but was still in spec as far as thickness. I think the damage was from the previous axle shaft failing. The steel washer was quite worn, which the bushing installation should help.

General Gear are good folks. I stopped by once when I picked up up IHC TD-5 parts. We wandered their hills rummaging through all sorts of heavy equipment.

Sorry if I missed it, but you have the updated axles that eliminated the knuckle/balls? I've never seen those in person.

General Gear are good folks. I stopped by once when I picked up up IHC TD-5 parts. We wandered their hills rummaging through all sorts of heavy equipment.

Sorry if I missed it, but you have the updated axles that eliminated the knuckle/balls? I've never seen those in person.
I have replaced the CV shafts in my Polaris Ranger and this shaft is a very oversized version. Steve.

I have replaced the CV shafts in my Polaris Ranger and this shaft is a very oversized version. Steve.

I'm assuming like this?

WHITE_164947A_STEERING_AXLE.jpg

If you need to change the tie rods on the drag link, Maibach tractor has made new ones, which are quite reasonable compared to AGCO or Clark.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back