pto. Does the 2000 have hydraulic tubes
in the 4 speed trans. Would there be a
gear in the engine to drive the hydraulic
pump? Have a diesel 4000 with bad engine
and untested sos. Thought is to be better
off with 2000 with heavy duty front axle
and trans that is functional for a
tractor to put front end loader on.

Someone else will chime in here if I'm wrong. The differential gear ratio in the SOS is different than the 4spd. Then there's the coupler issue between the 4spd output shaft and the SOS pinion. I think you'd be better off adding a top cover and pto to your 4spd.

I think that the differential gear ratios were the same for all models in the pre-1965 tractors. It was only with the 3 cylinder thousand series, which started in 1965, where the gear ratios were different for the S-O-S tractors than from the manual trans models.

I think that the transmission output was the same as well in the pre'65 tractors, at least the earlier coarse spline tractors were all the same as well as the later fine spline were all the same, so it depends on when the rear end was made, although the ring and pinion from the original 2000 industrial rear axle could swap over if there is a mismatch between coarse and fine splines, so the rear end would bolt on, and the lines through the trans for the hydraulic pump should be there, so the 3 point lift would work, but you would need lots of extra parts from a 4 speed that had a PTO in order to get the PTO to work. The PTO is completely different between the S-O-S and manual transmission tractors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back