222 Massey backhoe hook up question need help!

Can anyone please tell me how a Massey 222 backhoe hooks up to the tractor? I have a Massey industrial what I believe to be 50A can a Massey 222 fit on the frame hooks mounted on my tractor? I have one I found close by and I want to get it this weekend if it will work thanks to anyone with information

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpeg
    IMG_0738.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0739.jpeg
    IMG_0739.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0775.png
    IMG_0775.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
It probably will. Measure the C-C distance of those lower hooks and confirm they'll fit the backhoe frame. Beware you'll need the stabilizer links on each side from the top of the 222 frame to the pockets on the loader, ahead of the tractor's rear axle. Also, your loader valve body will have to be set up for "power-beyond" where the backhoe taps into it. Power-beyond requires removing a pipe plug from the supply port under the exterior plug in the valve body where you'll tap into. Go to the AGCO Parts book to have a look at the mounts. ( 222 backhoe ) If the link doesn't work, just look up AGCO parts books, search by parts book, then 222, then filter for MF and you should find it under "MF 54, 54S, 222, 232". Good luck.

Thank you for your help. I was pretty sure it would work and I am going to set up my loader valve for “power beyond”. When I get that far I will look into what needs to be done to plumb it in that way. Or I was also considering a diverter valve as well so only one can be run at a time I’m not sure which is better. Another question I have is figuring out the model of this tractor I know it’s a 1973 Massy 302 industrial or a MF 50A the serial # is 9A 153821 I honestly think it’s a MF 50A but the kid I bought it from said it was a 302 industrial any way of telling for sure? It looks like a lot of the parts are the same so any help would be appreciated again thanks for the backhoe help.

Thank you for your help. I was pretty sure it would work and I am going to set up my loader valve for “power beyond”. When I get that far I will look into what needs to be done to plumb it in that way. Or I was also considering a diverter valve as well so only one can be run at a time I’m not sure which is better. Another question I have is figuring out the model of this tractor I know it’s a 1973 Massy 302 industrial or a MF 50A the serial # is 9A 153821 I honestly think it’s a MF 50A but the kid I bought it from said it was a 302 industrial any way of telling for sure? It looks like a lot of the parts are the same so any help would be appreciated again thanks for the backhoe help.
Power beyond is what you want. Maybe, with some effort you can figure out the model. Most likely it's the 50A given the year because MF just updated the model names with time, along with some mechanical changes and often mostly sheet metal. But you can also spend some time looking at the differences between the two on the AGCO parts books and comparing the tractor and the loader to yours. At this point, 70 years later, there aren't many around and probably even fewer people who are familiar with them. Those who used them or worked on em would be 80-90+.

Power beyond is what you want. Maybe, with some effort you can figure out the model. Most likely it's the 50A given the year because MF just updated the model names with time, along with some mechanical changes and often mostly sheet metal. But you can also spend some time looking at the differences between the two on the AGCO parts books and comparing the tractor and the loader to yours. At this point, 70 years later, there aren't many around and probably even fewer people who are familiar with them. Those who used them or worked on em would be 80-90+.
Any chance you could walk me through finding the power beyond on my tractor loader control valve and walking me through what I have to do to get this backhoe up and running?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back