5610 8x4 syncro pops out of gear.

peckens

New User
Have a 5610 h pattern syncro trans that I have been fighting popping out of gear since I bought it. When I initially got it would randomly pop out of 4th gear. Cleaning the shifter column and replacing the bushings helped a bit. A few weeks ago I decided to pull the top cover off and inspect the trans before putting it back to work for the season. All of the shift forks looked good except for the front syncro bushings on the fork (for 1st and 3rd) which I replaced. I also replaced the rail detent springs and inspected the rails. Since doing so I now have problems with 1st and 3rd jumping out of gear. If I hold the shifter in place I will never have issues. After driving it around for awhile I have found that sudden power changes and high RPMs will cause 1st and 3rd to pop out. 2nd and 4th gear have been flawless. I have no grinding gears at all and can shift smoothly while driving. I can hear some pilot bearing noise when the clutch is engaged while in neutral. I pulled Anyways, looking for some ideas. I getting to my wits end. Great tractor otherwise.

This post was edited by peckens on 05/14/2023 at 08:38 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back