584 Hydraulic control assembly

wwoodrow

Two of my quick connects for the loader control lines are dripping badly. I tried replacing the o rings but still leaking. I see no reason why these should not seal when I examine it as surface looks smooth. I dont believe I have any trash on sealing surface.. Does the quick connect sealing area [ where the oring seals against ]simply wear out to the point they wont seal? Also, how do I size them? Should I just remove and hope parts store can match as I did last time ? Also, the quick connects were hard to get back on, much more so than when I removed them a few years ago and yes I had the bucket sitting on the ground to reduce the hydraulic pressure.

With bucket sitting on ground, shut off the tractor and work the hydraulic levers back and forth a couple times before disconnecting the quick couples BUT if the air temperature goes up the hydraulic oil pressure will rise on the disconnected hydraulic lines making it difficult to reconnect also before reconnecting shut off tractor and work hydraulic levers back and forth to relieve pressure. If the equipment has been sitting in the sun sometimes you have to loosen hydraulic hose to relieve the pressure.

where the balls seat themselves they do wear some but you will see that. most times an o ring fixes the leak. make sure u have the correct o rings. i just match them up to the ones in an o ring kit. easiest when hooking up is to have tractor off and work levers to relieve pressure then hook them up. i have noticed that the ihc couplers seam to leak before the pioneer ones.

Do the coupler surfaces ever wear to the point that the o ring will not seal adequately ? The tractor is 40 years old.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back