960 Power Steering Pump bracket Spacers

Btzj02

I have disassembled the Power steering pump and brackets on my 1957 Row Crop 960. I have found that the three studs that hold the bracket to the pump were installed incorrectly by the previous owner. This resulted in a Frankenstein spacer arrangement on the bracket connected to the Timing gear cover. After the pump leaks are taken care off I will reinstall the studs correctly but that messes up my pully alignment for the drive belt. I do have a plan to test fit and make my own spacers but before I do that I thought I would ask the forum if anyone knows the dimensions of the original spacers. Part numbers 231090 and 231091.

PS: Mission creep is killing me on this tractor. Everything is broke, brazed, welded, Frankenstiened or leaking oil. It is a long winter and I was looking for a project but I am going to have to draw a line pretty soon.
JB

I have disassembled the Power steering pump and brackets on my 1957 Row Crop 960. I have found that the three studs that hold the bracket to the pump were installed incorrectly by the previous owner. This resulted in a Frankenstein spacer arrangement on the bracket connected to the Timing gear cover. After the pump leaks are taken care off I will reinstall the studs correctly but that messes up my pully alignment for the drive belt. I do have a plan to test fit and make my own spacers but before I do that I thought I would ask the forum if anyone knows the dimensions of the original spacers. Part numbers 231090 and 231091.

PS: Mission creep is killing me on this tractor. Everything is broke, brazed, welded, Frankenstiened or leaking oil. It is a long winter and I was looking for a project but I am going to have to draw a line pretty soon.
JB
I am very familiar with the mission creep challenge. I have to keep telling myself that I have reached the limit of the scope of the project. But then on the other hand I have to keep asking myself if I will look differently at it two months after I call it done.

I happened to pull a 1955 960 onto the shop floor this evening. Here's a couple of pictures. This is the 131091 spacer from the book. I do not find a 231090 in the parts manual. Spacer is just under 1/2", actually it probably is 1/2" and it's worked into the front engine cover .005".

PS spacers - 1.jpeg

PS spacers - 2.jpeg

Awesome. Thanks for the measurement. This will make my life a lot easier. I believe the second set of spacers are for fine tuning the alignment of the pullys.

Update: With the 1/2 inch spacers on the Timing Gear cover, the spacers required between the pump and the mounting bracket is 1/8 inch for a perfect pully alignment. Thanks again for the measurement.

Update: With the 1/2 inch spacers on the Timing Gear cover, the spacers required between the pump and the mounting bracket is 1/8 inch for a perfect pully alignment. Thanks again for the measurement.
Good deal!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back