A get out of jail free card i used!!

JOCCO

I recently answered some questions on the tractor transport board, So here is one of mine. Quite a few years back MRS Jocco and I was on the other side of the state when I saw a truck I wanted, right out of the blue. Stopped at the place and bought it, not a car dealer. Now to get it home, yes it was older, but ran ok, so lets drive it. So I put insurance on it went to town office and got a "one time transfer tag" That next weekend we went back to get it. I headed out Mrs Jocco with here car following. Going through a small town I met a cop and he instantly blue lighted me!! I knew why, our state had state inspection and the inspection sticker was grossly out of date. Now the transfer tag circumvents this for the one time. Pulled over and that was first thing he said and wanted license and papers. Handed him the papers (There was also the transfer tag card in the back window) He looked it all over and said "good thing you got that tag as I could take you off the road otherwise" So we were on our way had I not bothered with it (and most people don't) well would have been long day!!

Nice story.
Now days cop might think twice about pulling you over for a sticker.
I ran across a city cop about two years ago parked in our lot. After a few pleasantries, he told me he was parked there just because he just didn't desire to be shot on his last 15 minutes of his shift that day.
Both arms out the window when getting pulled over might make a cop happy and no ticket.

I didn't need to use mine. Twice I have driven used road tractors half way across the country for a friend. When leaving the lot all they give you is a piece of paper that says "in transit" on it. I expected a temp plate or something on the back, but nothing. No one ever questioned it either time.

Yes they have a dealer plate given to you for so many days by car dealer. This outfit was not a dealer.

In Iowa all we need is bill of sale and can drive it for 30 days before needs plates. So long as the private seller puts his name and phone number on it so they can verify, it can be written on anything. I had one for an old jeep written on the back of an envelope. But i never got stopped either so I don't know if that one would have worked. Other states must have more rules.

In Ohio, with the transferred title you can get a temporary tag. Good for thirty days but you have only five days the record the transfer and get a new title.

I worked for a guy in 1963 that had a pickup with a PLAIN white paper taped to the windshield for 2 years. He was a machinery jockey and traveled IL, IN, OH, MO and IA.

Country Lawyer John T was a Jockey in those states in years past??????? Could a lawyer get away with that???

The. Few times I got pulled over have my billfold in my hand and hands on the top of the steering wheel before the cop gets there.

Paul

A friend and I went to lunch and were stopped by a city cop. He was going wright a ticket for no city sticker on the window. We were in Missouri and the car had Illinois plates

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back