Accidental primer overspray

Tstoner

Need some input. I am just about as green as it comes with paint and bodywork. I restored a 44 john deere A. During the process I left some stuff unpainted due to it being to cold out to paint and me being to excited to put everything together. Yesterday I decided to get some primer on the remaining parts I left un painted and accidentally got some overspray on some of the green paint. My question is, will all of this just blend in once I apply the top coat?

Unless the primer overspray has a texture to it, it will be fine to spray over it. If it does have a texture just sand it smooth. Wouldn't hurt to sand it anyway.

is the primer over fresh paint? is it a tractor alkyd enamel or an automotive urethane? if your paint is dry enough, go over it gently with a
grey scotchbrite pad to lever the overspray. if you are not going to respray it, use a clay bar kit to remove the overspray.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back