Batteries for Cordless Go Generic!

Anonymous-0

To follow-up and emphasis discussion about cordless drills below.

Next time you need batteries for a cordless tool, go on Amazon or other such web site and search for your model No. batteries. You will find a hundred suppliers of generic batteries which will likely be as good or better than the one you got with the tool.

I did that last year for a Ryobi drill I've had for several years, went with the cheapest batteries listed on Amazon (cheapest as in battery $ + shipping $). The local Lowes or HD and Interstate Batteries wanted $50 a battery. Generic cost my $14.50 each and were better batteries than those that came with the drill.

Hi Tim,

But, but, but...

How long did your OEM battery last?
I can usually get several years out of all my Makita (9, 12, 18v) batteries before they no longer hold an acceptable charge.
It seems you've had the 'generic' battery for less than a year, so I would think the jury is still out on that?
And, exacltly how is the generic battery that you bought better than the original?

No trying to give you a hard time, just that inquiiring minds want to know. :)
Regards,

Roger

No comment on the generic batteries, but I did find name brand batteries for my 18 volt Firestorm on Amazon.com, for about 1/2 the price of the same batteries at Menards, HD, etc, and that includes the shipping. I have already completed one project using the new batteries, so I know they are good. In fact, the new ones hold a charge much longer than the originals ever did.

I've had the generics for about 1yr 4 months. At a little over 1/4 the price of name brand, they could die this year and I would still feel like I got a decent deal. They are still going strong, so my guess is they will last as long at the originals.

The original batteries were functional for about 5-6 years, but the last 1 - 2 years would need to be recharged so often that it was barely worth it. Held onto them because I did not want to shell out $100 for a couple of batteries for a drill package that cost (I am guessing as it was a present) about $80 originally, and which could be replaced for about that, or less on Sale.

The generics are rated with more storage - I forget the numbers but something like 4.7mAh vs. 4mAh.

They hold the charge for a long time - a lot longer thant the originals ever did.

Try it, you'll like it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back