Crops are all in

jon f mn

Got all the kingdoms crops in last week.
Finished in the rain Thursday. Was just
enough rain to get me wet, but not enough
to do any good. Could sure use a nice inch
but nothing in the forecast.

Ran the 830 a lot this year. The new
engine seems to be good and pulls well. A
bit surprised there is almost no smoke
from it, the least I've ever seen from a
case. Got about 25 hours on it now. I did
use the 1030 to plow some early, but
wanted to get hours on the new engine in
the 830. Plowed with 4-16s plow and it did
very well.

cvphoto155084.jpg

cvphoto155085.jpg

That plow is one my dad bought new with either his new 800 or 830, I'm not sure which. I wouldn't want to guess how many acres I've plowed with it behind the 830eh, 730ck, and 870.

Also pulled the 14' case disc with it, sometimes with a 4 section harrow behind. Handles the disc great, but the added harrow is a full load.

cvphoto155086.jpg

The 400 got to pull the fertilizer spreader and grain drill. I overhauled it a year ago and it is running great as well. Still the best starting case diesel I've had.

cvphoto155088.jpg

cvphoto155089.jpg

The 830 got to pull the pla ter this year. I prefere the 400 because it's less climbing to get on and off, but the hydraulics are getting weak and it doesn't fit the planter good when the oil ges warm.

cvphoto155090.jpg

cvphoto155091.jpg

Put the 830 on the grinder/mixer to see how it compared to the 400 and was pleasantly surprised that it actually has more power than the 400. If you recall I put a 301 from a combine in the 400 and have been impressed with its power. But I believe the 830 has a bit more even. The feed auger on the mill has 4 speeds and the 400 has a gggood load in 3rd gear with shelled corn. The 830 handled it better I think. That surprised me as the 830 produced no smoke even under full load, so I thought it might be short on fuel. Now I know that's not so. Never had an older case that didn't smoke pretty good under load.

cvphoto155092.jpg

Next will be haying and spraying corn. I made a deal on a case 555 haybine that I'm going to get next weekend. Been looking for one of those for a while.

Tree line on the left and straight ahead
and a swap circled in trees on the right.
That's about what you find in most fields
here

Your having too much fun. Most guys don't have thst many great toys to work/play with. Will be planting 60 acres of beans with an 800B later this week. The open station with an umbrella will be very comfortable and since I'm planting up to a highway. I'll be able to wave at people. I've noticed in the the past that a lot of guys give the tractor a long look.

looks like u got the inline pump on the 400. there is a case 555 here i was looking at . really nice. not sure what to offer.

Jon, We will finish today plating a the field that I plowed with the 770 . It will be test plot corn for Helena. Thank you for posting the 770 picture for me. Jon ,pulled the 3/14 7 inches deep in 2 gear and 2 on the trans, in this heavy clay.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back