Dieseltec and others, 1955 pump settings

oliverkid

Ok, so I had my 1955 on a pto dyno today and the numbers were lackluster to say the least. Was only making 87 horse at 1000 rpm and maxed out at 92 around 850 rpm and fell off from there. Pump was rebuilt by MDI in Crown Point Indiana 6 or 7 years ago and it may have 500 hours since, probably less, and it has brand new injectors, not remans. Several questions here.

First, the numbers on the pump are DBGFC 633-27DH, Ser. 1544052, MFG# 69562-J. Is this actually a 1955 pump? The guy we bought it from had a 1755 and he had swapped starters without telling us and it was cranking to slow when we first bought it, may very well have switched pumps to for all I know.

Second, what is the high no load speed of the 1000 shaft? My Tac on the tractor reads right at 2650 high speed no load and that had the PTO running about 1050. Does that sound right? I know high no load is supposed to be 2640 engine RPM has to be in the ball park.

Third, What do I have to do to get the pump turned up to 108 where it is supposed to be?

This would explain why my 1950T has always made this thing look like a pooch.

So I got on AGCO parts book and did some digging to answer my first question. Appears to be an 1855 pump. So that brings up another question. Can I even get this thing set right to make the power a 1955 should?

You have an EARLY 1855 pump with the .330 inch plungers, at 2400 RPM torque screw is set for 65 CC delivery. The LATE 1855 was also set with torque screw at 65 CC BUT used a .370 plunger size like 1950 T and 1955. 1950T had the torque screw set for 70 CC. Try backing it out two turns, and see if it helps, but first MAKE SURE high idle, no load speed is correct, if that's low your HP numbers at rated speed WILL be low also.
Governor has a certain amount of speed droop built in between no load to full load..

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to put the bigger plungers in this pump to make it right or do I need to start looking for the right pump?

If you do I will probably be interested. Ide prefer to make it right rather that just try turning the screw harder.

With these tractors was this engine replaced with a 1855 engine at some point in its life? You never know with a 310 tractor what they have done?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back