engine conversion in Steiger

caterpillar guy

I need some help with information, and availability on the mounting of the hydraulic pump.
I need to mount the hydraulic pump from a 3306 to a 3406. The only place to mount it I can find is where the air compressor is. The hole pattern is different. Also do I need a different gear or pump.
The old engine has a bad crank in it. I have the 3406 from an old truck I junked out.
The bell housing and such I have from both engines. So should be good there, and yes there is a difference in the diameter of the flywheels. I also have both of those and the clutches. The big issue is the hydraulic pump mounting.

(quoted from post at 18:53:22 04/14/14) I need some help with information, and availability on the mounting of the hydraulic pump.
I need to mount the hydraulic pump from a 3306 to a 3406. The only place to mount it I can find is where the air compressor is. The hole pattern is different. Also do I need a different gear or pump.
The old engine has a bad crank in it. I have the 3406 from an old truck I junked out.
The bell housing and such I have from both engines. So should be good there, and yes there is a difference in the diameter of the flywheels. I also have both of those and the clutches. The big issue is the hydraulic pump mounting.
don't know how available the info is, but the cougar III's with gear trans came with 3306's, and the PTA model cougars with Allison autos had 3406's, so you should be able to get the parts you need from a Steiger parts list. All the cats I have worked on have drive adapters that bolt onto the front accessory drive and mesh with the geartrain, so you should be able to find the correct adapter to mate up your pump. Hope this helps!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back