Farmall 350 Fuel Tank Screen Question

Bill VA

Having a bit of fuel issue with my 350. There is no standing screen on the fuel shutoff sediment bowl assembly going in to the fuel tank and some
debris is clogging the fuel flow. I see standing screens that appear to screw into the tank and then I gather the fuel shutoff sediment bowl assy then
screw into that.

Question is - did the tractor originally come with such a screen?

BTW the tank is remarkably clean and just enough debris is causing the problem. I think the addition of this screen should fix the problem.

Thanks!
Bill

They did not. Normally the screen is (fuel rated) epoxied into an enlarged hole in the threads leading into the sediment bowl. This allows the screen to be removed with the bowl. Jim

Here is a picture of the ones I make with tanks that are not real clean. Works great.
cvphoto166957.jpg

YT sells those little screens, see first link. I am not
afraid to say that they charge a ridiculous shipping
price for it. In the 2nd link is the screen that is
supposed to be in the link on the Cub post, it appears
to be from a Ford Model T and A parts site. I did not
you web search ..fuel tank screen.. other options come
up.
YT part

From link

I had an 8N at one point & that had the screen on it. The old sediment bowl & valve got changed out & I pulled the screen & put it on the one on my H after cleaning the tank. That gets cleaned out with a length of clear 1/2 ID hose. I make sure there's a little less than 5 gallons of gas in the tank, stick the hose in, get a suction going & drain it off into a can. There's a funnel on the can with a screen on it to catch the chunks. Used the hose to vacuum out the tank. Figured that trick out after having had an aquarium for so many years.

Mike

No they did not have a screen even when new . The only screen was in the bowl and it stopped junk that would not go thru the smallest port in the carb and as a back up ya had a second screen on the fuel line fitting inside the carb . . If ya have junk in the tank then it is past time to clean the tank . If you can't do it then take it to a radiator shop or look for a cleaner used tank . Only thing i can thing of with a tank screen are combines .

I have a WD Allis Chalmers that was working okay until I started trying to clean the tank out. It had a 1.5 tall stand pipe in it and when I put Gasahol in it I then had a quart of contaminated gasoline slopping around causing problems every time the ground was un even or up hill. Then I soaked the tank the tank with Carb cleaner & power washed and flushed until it was as clean as I could get it and installed a new sediment bowel. After all that it still would only run about 10 minutes until some rust would find its way to inlet and plug it. Now I have put a very short stand tube on sediment bowel and it seems to be enough to keep the heavy rust from traveling to inlet. AS long as the Gasoline stays clean it will be fine????

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back