finally getting concrete shop floor- anchor pots

After 10 years of working in the dirt, I will be pouring a concrete floor in my shop (50' x 32). I would like to put some anchor pots in the floor to chain
things to ( like body shops have). Sometimes you just need to straighten something. Without making it look like swiss cheese, what configuration would you use?
I'm thinking 7 total. 4 to form a rectangle 20' by 10, one in the middle of each long side, and one in the center. I also have a manual tire changer mounted to
a pallet. It works okay but I would like ideas on a way to mount for use to the floor but then quickly remove and stow. I use it about once every 3 months. I
thought about burying a 2 inch receiver hitch in the concrete but then how would I put the pin through it? I'd like it flush when removed. Thanks

I rented my commercial garage to a guy who did body work..
He found someone who drilled a hole in concrete and installed the metal anchors. Nothing to trip over.

Find someone to install anchors after your concrete hardens.

I doubt I will ever see a cement floor. I don't think a tire changer is necessary in a shop, it will always be in the way. I think it will be hard to make it movable. Mount it out side on a slab. I have one out side. Hang a bucket over the important parts. Stan

The company I used to work for installed jack systems in concrete floors. We core drilled, I think, 2 inch dia. holes and epoxied about 6 inch pieces of pipe with a short chain welded to the bottom and a cap over the top to keep dirt out. When in use the chain was pulled out and hooked to, when not in use it was hidden below the floor. You could easily do this yourself, just rent a core drill. Ellis

Purchase 7 of these. Then take tin cans and cut a hole in the bottom off to one side. Use a threaded rod about 6 inches long with a T welded to the bottom the can is used to make a depression in the concrete while pouring to allow the D ring to lay flat. Or a heavier one, or one made from a repair link in a big nut welded to the rebar. Jim
cvphoto88305.jpg

I'm thinking about something like a flush lift out floor drain cover, but with an anchor eye hidden below.

For the tire changer, embed a flush steel plate with anchor lugs on the bottom down in the concrete, with a matching hole pattern the changer bolts to. When not in use plug the bolt holes with set screws to keep them clean.

I have a floor with the receiver hitch tubing in it. The tire changer will work good in it. I also have the same tubing in the floor in 5 places with lengths of chain fastened to them and caps that are flush with the floor when not in use. I can remove the caps and pull about 8 to 10 inches of chain out to hook to.

with the floor anchors already in the floor after the pour you could just chain the tire machine with a chain over each end or put a bracket on the ends to use for tying it down. Though if it is a pneumatic model why would it need to be fastened down since it does the work self contained. just set it in a corner where you could use it. It will get used more than every 3 months or so when your friend find out you have one and is handy to get to.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back