Fixing cheap heater

Anonymous-0

I know it"s getting hot but I still have to run a heater at work sometimes cause the A/C is really cranked up. It"s a cheapie that cost probably $10 six months ago. It broke Friday. Sparks and quit heating. The two heating coils are, or should I say were attached to the neutral wire. How is best to reattach the heating coils to the wire? I"m not sure solder will work as these do get hot. They don"t glow red but well they are heating coils. The look like they might have been soldered but I really can"t tell. I"m just too cheap to throw a cheap heater away.

That wire is a special fuse type made to seperate if a problem occurs . For 10.00 why risk a fire or someone getting hurt especially when you don't know what to do . Throw it away & buy another one .God bless , Ken

If there was a thermal fuse or other device that opened.. i'd be inclined to junk it or use it as salvaged parts.

if it was merely a broken piece of nichrome wire.. then you can usually reattach by crimping with a small metal collet.. etc.

soundguy

I agree with Ken. You may burn down your employer's building trying to get by with a broken, now jury-rigged, 11110 dollar heater. Get a new heater. Tom

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back