Ford 3610 Wiring Diagram, Instrument Cluster instrument Light Sockets

wgill

New User
I have a ford 3610 that had an electrical fire a few years back, an dim finally getting around to fixing it.

1. have redrawn a wiring diagram for a 3600, the book says its also applicable to the 3610, but it doesn't seem the colors match up.

2. I am getting conflicting results on which cluster to buy for this tractor. Messick's shows the newer style cluster in their diagram parts list ( see photo 2) but the tractor originally had the older style (see photo 3)

I am also having trouble sourcing the light sockets for the instrument panel, the factory bulbs were a 1895 type bulb.

thanks in advance for any help.
3610 WIRING DIAGRAM-GRADING & DRAINAGE - 1.jpg
3930 cluster.JPG
3610 - cluster.JPG

I believe I recall something that you might want to investigate, maybe, and that is whether the different panels are both compatible with the temperature and fuel sender units. Seem to remember that one is and the other isn't, but can't be sure. Hopefully someone who 'knows" will speak up.

-000 and early -600 models had voltage stabilizers on the back of the dash to reduce voltage to the gauges, these dashes used different fuel and temp senders than later models

I found light sockets on eBay, measure the hole in the dash and order sockets to fit, I’m thinking 5/8” sockets is what I ordered in a pack of 10 sockets
I have a few of these Fords so the extra sockets won’t go to waste

I recently bought a 3600 and is usually the case the instrument cluster was sunbaked. It had the cluster in your top photo. I bought the cluster in your lower picture off ebay paying attention to the direction of the tach needle as a generator runs one way and the alternator the opposite direction. Cost with free shipping was around $80.

Finding the right wire is no biggie if you have a multimeter....just put one lead on what you want to find and the other lead on the wires connecting to the meter....when you get the right wire your ohmmeter will zero....showing the wiring resistance of a few Ohms.

The where to connect the terminal on the new meter is no biggie either....ground is apparent....on the matal part of the panel rear where there is a tab for a female wiring terminal, as are the movable gauge instruments where the terminal is immediately behind that meter. 12v goes to the terminal cluster on the rear of the new gauge. Tach cable connection is the same as your current cable.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back