Ford 600 Governor system

jpw461

Gentlemen and Gentleladies..... Can anyone post a picture of how the governor springs should be located on a Ford 600 series tractor? I bought this tractor years ago and have had to work the throttle back and forth to keep it at a steady rpm. The springs on it have been twisted and cobbled up to where they dont actuate the way they should... I'm looking to purchase new springs but would like to see how they are attached. yesterday does have a kit that comes with two springs, but my second question is, there is what is called a long compensating spring.... Do I need that in addition to the other two springs? Any help would be much appreciated

Gentlemen and Gentleladies..... Can anyone post a picture of how the governor springs should be located on a Ford 600 series tractor? I bought this tractor years ago and have had to work the throttle back and forth to keep it at a steady rpm. The springs on it have been twisted and cobbled up to where they dont actuate the way they should... I'm looking to purchase new springs but would like to see how they are attached. yesterday does have a kit that comes with two springs, but my second question is, there is what is called a long compensating spring.... Do I need that in addition to the other two springs? Any help would be much appreciated
Here is the data from the 53-55 MPC on the GOVERNOR. New springs: NAA-9827-B, '53-'54; NCA-9827-A '55-'64; and NCA-99810-A, Assembly Kit, '58-'64 if used.

Tim Daley (MI)

Attachments

• GOVERNOR PG 1.jpeg
    GOVERNOR PG 1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 47
  • GOVERNOR PG 2.jpeg
    GOVERNOR PG 2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 46
  • GOVERNOR PG 3.jpeg
    GOVERNOR PG 3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • GOVERNOR PG 4.jpeg
    GOVERNOR PG 4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • GOVERNOR PG 5.jpeg
    GOVERNOR PG 5.jpeg
    885.6 KB · Views: 47
I'm looking for the same thing, did you have any luck?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back