Ford 861 parts

kz1000

Hi Folks,
I picked up a 861 that had a clutch issue and was surprised when I split it apart. In the bell housing I found a large spring floating around that has
nothing to do with the tractor, it looks like a four x 11/4 valve spring. It has beat the heck out of the pressure plate and broke the front of the nose cone
that the throw out bearing rides on. So my hope is to find a part number for the nose cone or a member that may have one that he wants to part with. The pto
would not engauge while running so going to take a shot at pulling the pressure plate apart to see why, wish me luck.

Rippee's Tractor Salvage in Park Hills, MO has everything for the hundred series tractors.

This post was edited by Tom in Mo. on 05/31/2023 at 03:10 am.

That spring is most likely from a prior stater drive. You would be far from the first to find one in the bell housing.

(quoted from post at 05:08:06 05/31/23)

That spring is most likely from a prior stater drive. You would be far from the first to find one in the bell housing.

YES!!! Never once thought of that and I bet it is. Sure did some damage, some starter ring teeth, bent several pressure plate arms and broke some of the arm springs.

Thank you for the replys, I feel better knowing where that spring came from.

Thanks for the info. I pulled the old pressure plate apart and it has four broken springs that I will never fin, so guess it's a new unit.

Just a thought, does anyone know the part number for the nose cone on the 861 transmission? Thanks!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back