Forum changes consider this!

Too many people believe change for the sake of change is inherently good. Just saying.
Larry, that is correct. However, it does not apply here. This was not only done just for a frivolous change. If everyone who threw there hat in the ring with a complaint or negative comment instead made a post about a tractor related item boy O’ boy the content we would have to look at!

If you go to the Site Comments category, you will see various things that other users are whining about.
With answers too.!

P.S. your complaints above are on admins list of things to tweek. So that each user can make filtering choices the default for you throughout the forum.
You do not have to manually mark anything as read. IF you do not use the back button.
Use the category name shown above the thread title near the top and at the bottom of thread before the "Similar Threads" listed.
Then what you have read or posted in will no longer show as NEW and will also no longer have a bold title.
Totally unfair comment 007 ..... just because you have it in your grasp doesn't mean that others that might be struggling with it are "whining". After all it IS a discussion forum and I believe the moderators WELCOME comments from our members. Just sayin' ....

Totally unfair comment 007 ..... just because you have it in your grasp doesn't mean that others that might be struggling with it are "whining". After all it IS a discussion forum and I believe the moderators WELCOME comments from our members. Just sayin' ....
Yes, you are correct. I apologize to the offended.

Those that express their hatred of the new software should be free to do so.

Last edited:
When I open YT the same screen shot comes up with photo ads and classifieds, right where they have always been. I must scroll to the bottom of that page to click forums to go to the forums as they are today. Is'nt that what everyone sees when they click on the yt icon????
That’s the first time I ever saw you NOT sign off with “gobble “

It actually is whining if they whine over and over again, in different topics, all the while refusing to learn the simple keystroke of tapping the topic title in lieu of the ‘back’ button to mark ‘read’. I agree it is wrong to whitewash everyone, but I don’t believe Double 07 meant it that way.
I don’t have a lot of patience with those who think something sucks just because they can’t do it. I personally believe that on a scale of 1 to 10 in computer literacy, I would struggle to be ‘2’ . I find my 1040 form a heck of a lot more intimidating than these site changes.

That's all fine and dandy, but you don't take an Amish fella out from behind a horse and put him in a new tractor filled with electronics and expect him to run it like an expert just because he's been watching it across the fence row for a day. Guys who are tired of all the questions and problems need to remember who they're on here with and take a chill pill until we get the hang of this stuff. That said, I'm never gonna "like" not being able to see the thread like we could in Classic, but I guess that's my cross to bear.
rrlund,
Tis my cross too... I will always miss the classic thread layout. I do have this one set to be as close as possible, but it's still very different from classic.

I will just say this to the naysayers about the changes. The main topic of our discussion is “tractors” Tractors have definitely been changed and updated over time. A 1940 tractor has many improvements over a 1900-1910 tractor? Same for the 1940 model to a 1960 model. And obviously a 2023 model compared to a 1960 is a larger change yet. Through all this the farmers/operators learned how to adapt to utilize the new features. In my opinion the same applies here. Please do not immediately turn your nose up and see a road block. Take your time ask questions and observe, we will all move forward together and continue to enjoy what the members as a whole along with the support folks have made this forum, A PLACE TO ENJOY A COMMON INTEREST!!!
I will take the 1940 to 1960 model😆 any day

I will take the 1940 to 1960 model😆 any day
Just for the sake of conversation, in reality if you were actually trying to do some type of productive farm work that depended on time and profit I am sure you would go with the 1960 model! :LOL: :LOL: Take that one step more either date would eliminate our problem, because the inter web was but a science fiction pipe dream back then. :ROFLMAO:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back