Gleaner L2/3 feeder beater modification

I remember a while back reading on some forum I can't remember (it wasn't here) that there was a shop that had made replacement feeder beaters for the L2/3 Gleaners that had a rubber flap system to feed the cylinder instead of the retractable fingers. Supposedly it fed more evenly than the OEM setup and didn't plug as much. Anybody know anything about it? There couldn't have been too many of them made.

I remember a while back reading on some forum I can't remember (it wasn't here) that there was a shop that had made replacement feeder beaters for the L2/3 Gleaners that had a rubber flap system to feed the cylinder instead of the retractable fingers. Supposedly it fed more evenly than the OEM setup and didn't plug as much. Anybody know anything about it? There couldn't have been too many of them made.
The precision company made one.for the M series and also one for the L series called progressive Was told that they made not only the beater but a cylinder too. Would be interesting to hear from anyone who owns one

The precision company made one.for the M series and also one for the L series called progressive Was told that they made not only the beater but a cylinder too. Would be interesting to hear from anyone who owns one
I found PFP and they still make the cylinder but no mention of the beater. Their complete high-performance cylinder costs about the same as buying a set of OEM cylinder bars from AGCO! My rasp bars still have some acres left in them but I'm thinking ahead a couple years. With Trimpe gone, and Abilene no longer able to source conventional rasp bars, the only other option for bars appears to be Sunnybrook and who knows for how long? I'll have to check if Oakley Combine in North Carolina can rebuild bars. If I can get access to the right machine tools, I could do it myself.

I found PFP and they still make the cylinder but no mention of the beater. Their complete high-performance cylinder costs about the same as buying a set of OEM cylinder bars from AGCO! My rasp bars still have some acres left in them but I'm thinking ahead a couple years. With Trimpe gone, and Abilene no longer able to source conventional rasp bars, the only other option for bars appears to be Sunnybrook and who knows for how long? I'll have to check if Oakley Combine in North Carolina can rebuild bars. If I can get access to the right machine tools, I could do it myself.
Thanks for finding that information. It's getting harder for the owners of the M and L to keep them threshing like they should.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back