Hough H-30B, Need help identifying machine and engine.

AndyH_newb

New User
Hello,

I am looking for help in figuring out the year of a recently acquired Hough payloader.

Model Serial No.
H30B 3400202U004740.
Gas engine IH G-263? Serial No. 372544 R5.

4 wheel drive

I am thinking its a 1972???

I am having trouble understanding the chart I have, it seems that the prefix and last 4 digits don't match up. Is it me?

Thank you for your time,

Andy

Attachments

• 842FC7DA-34F0-460D-9E42-71A3C61ACED8_4_5005_c.jpeg
    842FC7DA-34F0-460D-9E42-71A3C61ACED8_4_5005_c.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 04B89ED9-9FBB-44B9-A2BB-EADCBF1E14EC_4_5005_c.jpeg
    04B89ED9-9FBB-44B9-A2BB-EADCBF1E14EC_4_5005_c.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 19
  • H-30 Payloader Serial No.pdf
    493.5 KB · Views: 27
I can't give you anything specific on the serial number prefixes used by Hough. Everything in front of the "U" pertains to the model ID. The part after the U is the actual serial number. From your list, it looks like yours was about the 11th of about 47 built in 1972. I say "about" because funny things occasionally happen to serial numbers.

The "5 19 S" code indicates the engine block was cast at the foundry on May 19th of the year represented by the letter S. In this case, it represents 1971.

Thank you very much.

From my wondering around the web I am guessing a G-263???
Is this the same as a C263? Similar enough to exchange parts?
They seem to be swapped around in name anyway......

Andy

Thank you very much.

From my wondering around the web I am guessing a G-263???
Is this the same as a C263? Similar enough to exchange parts?
They seem to be swapped around in name anyway......

Andy
It's a C. Some casting sand probably fell into the letter making it look like a G. So the engine is a plain old bog standard C-263 same as any other C-263 IH ever produced.

372544R5 is a part number, not a serial number by the way.

Last edited:
It's a C. Some casting sand probably fell into the letter making it look like a G. So the engine is a plain old bog standard C-263 same as any other C-263 IH ever produced.

372544R5 is a part number, not a serial number by the way.

I noticed you posted the same question in IH Engines. Please don't do that. Ask your question once, and let it ride. If the moderators decide it belongs somewhere else they will move it, but it's kind of a gray area in that the subject works in multiple categories.

Thank you for the help. I had thought I deleted the double post. I will try again. edit- Do you mean my question on the red power forums?

Here is where I got the G from

1709215496446.png

Last edited:
Thank you for the help. I had thought I deleted the double post. I will try again. edit- Do you mean my question on the red power forums?

Here is where I got the G from

View attachment 7551
Sorry yes, I picked up your post on google when I was searching the part number. Didn't realize it was on another forum. Sorry about that.

The model of the engine should be cast into the block somewhere below the line between the head and block.

G-263 may be the designation for the parts catalog, not the engine.

No worries. I see, wow that threw me off. I am hoping to get back to the machine today to try to find the engine markings.
Thank you.

That is good to hear. Thank you for getting me on the right path.
Now to get it up and running.
Rumor is that it ran 4-5 years ago.....or maybe it was 10. :D

Thank you all for helping me out, I appreciate your time.

-Andy

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back