Hustler Excel XL272 Zero Turn Tractor 1974

Lisa T

New User
I have my father's Hustler Excel XL272 Zero Turn Tractor 1974. I took it to shop almost 2 years ago because it would not start. Cranks and will almost start when starter fluid is sprayed in carburetor. They keep working around it and not working on my tractor. I just wanted it running so i could sell it easier. Does any one have suggestions on someone that would be interested it owning it? I need someone to love it as much as he did.
I am located in Milton, FL

This post was edited by Lisa T on 10/16/2023 at 11:26 am.

(quoted from post at 10:54:56 10/16/23) I have my father's Hustler Excel XL272 Zero Turn Tractor 1974. I took it to shop almost 2 years ago because it would not start. Cranks and will almost start when starter fluid is sprayed in carburetor. They keep working around it and not working on my tractor. I just wanted it running so i could sell it easier. Does any one have suggestions on someone that would be interested it owning it? I need someone to love it as much as he did

You need to tell where you are.

(quoted from post at 12:58:59 10/16/23)
(quoted from post at 10:54:56 10/16/23) I have my father's Hustler Excel XL272 Zero Turn Tractor 1974. I took it to shop almost 2 years ago because it would not start. Cranks and will almost start when starter fluid is sprayed in carburetor. They keep working around it and not working on my tractor. I just wanted it running so i could sell it easier. Does any one have suggestions on someone that would be interested it owning it? I need someone to love it as much as he did

You need to tell where you are.

Just a guess but I doubt you will get a street address and pohoto of the house. I would have thought city and state would be sufficient but that's just me.

Sorry I can't help sell your machine - would love to have it but I am way too far away. I would try the photo ads on this site, facebook marketplace etc.

(quoted from post at 14:17:44 10/16/23) Is not Milton, Fl in here first post a good location?

Lisa edited her address into her post a few minutes after I suggested it. You can see that in her post.

I can understand that you want it fixed but from the shops point of view may be partly they know the situation. I do not know what shops charge down there but I think in general the cost of living is a bit lower there. Here shops charge $100 an hour. Just moving a dead machine around to load it up clicks up $50 to $100. Hopefully the shop knows your situation and where you stand as far as what you want to spend on the machine. Not to dash your expectations but finding someone who cares for it like your father did may be difficult. Hopefully you will find someone who will take over its ownership and at least make it useful for them.

This post was edited by used red MN on 10/16/2023 at 10:25 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back