I lost Majorman.

A few days ago I was checking out majormans posts. By accident I touched his name and a square box came up and asked if I wanted to start a conversation with him and I tried to get rid of that box. In doing so I lost majormans posts of that day and have not seen any more posts from him since. I really enjoy his posts so I need help to get them back. I may have hit ignore by mistake could that be my problem and how do I reverse it.

A few days ago I was checking out majormans posts. By accident I touched his name and a square box came up and asked if I wanted to start a conversation with him and I tried to get rid of that box. In doing so I lost majormans posts of that day and have not seen any more posts from him since. I really enjoy his posts so I need help to get them back. I may have hit ignore by mistake could that be my problem and how do I reverse it.
I haven't done it but it appears if you click on your username, select preferences, at the bottom of the list on the left is who you are ignoring. If he is on that list, remove him from that list.

To others he also posted this on Tractor Talk, I initially gave the wrong response, but came back after thinking about it and figured out he accidentally “Ignored” or blocked him. So my second reply there has information on how this can happen sort of accidentally. The info there is stated from the standpoint of viewing on a phone. I believe the same could happen on a PC. Here is a link to that post.
Info on accidental member Ignore

To others he also posted this on Tractor Talk, I initially gave the wrong response, but came back after thinking about it and figured out he accidentally “Ignored” or blocked him. So my second reply there has information on how this can happen sort of accidentally. The info there is stated from the standpoint of viewing on a phone. I believe the same could happen on a PC. Here is a link to that post.
I'm not able to find that post. Kim may have removed the thread as a duplicate of this, or I'm looking in the wrong place?

I haven't done it but it appears if you click on your username, select preferences, at the bottom of the list on the left is who you are ignoring. If he is on that list, remove him from that list.
Good morning cpratt. I did as you suggested and sure enough Majorman was in the ignored state as well as one other poster that I did not know that happened to. I unignored them both so I’m sure that the problem is fixed. Thank you very much for your help and the help I received from other YTers. Have a great day and weekend.

Good morning cpratt. I did as you suggested and sure enough Majorman was in the ignored state as well as one other poster that I did not know that happened to. I unignored them both so I’m sure that the problem is fixed. Thank you very much for your help and the help I received from other YTers. Have a great day and weekend.
I see what happened, when you click on a username, at the bottom are three buttons, Follow, Ignore, and Start Conversation. You don't have to get rid of the box exactly, you just click anywhere else and the box will disappear.

I'm still trying to find that post. If you had any photos associated with it, you can send them to me and I'll try to recreate.

I had a PM conversation with Chris about his replies, he acknowledged that Kim had mistakenly deleted the post in Tractor Talk that I linked above. She miss took it for a duplicate post so I will add here basically what I was trying to convey in the other post. I found out that like me MHnut actually posts on a phone. On a phone when you click on the posters avatar or username the profile box that pops up has no way to close our click out of it. The method used to close it out is to just simply click somewhere else in the forum outside of the box, now this is on a phone. On a PC when you move off of the box, the box simply disappears. What I think happened to him was that he accidentally viewed the profile of Majorman and it was uncharted territory for him. So in his quest to leave the box without screwing something else up, his brain saw the ignore button. Thinking this was the equivalent of a X out or close button he clicked it. But in actuality, what he did, was click the member “Ignore” or block button. Then, of course, the software reacted to this request and removed all the post by Majorman. There are other features or actions in the software that have pop up boxes with the same reaction and have no close button. A couple that I have noticed are the alert button (bell) also, the private messaging or conversations (letter or mail icon) react the same way on a phone. The side bar menu on phones accessed with the 3 lines at the left will also react this way, however there is a close out X on it. I’m sure there are other items that give the same reaction. It should minimize the confusion If you know just to click outside of the box and that makes it go away.

I had a PM conversation with Chris about his replies, he acknowledged that Kim had mistakenly deleted the post in Tractor Talk that I linked above. She miss took it for a duplicate post so I will add here basically what I was trying to convey in the other post. I found out that like me MHnut actually posts on a phone. On a phone when you click on the posters avatar or username the profile box that pops up has no way to close our click out of it. The method used to close it out is to just simply click somewhere else in the forum outside of the box, now this is on a phone. On a PC when you move off of the box, the box simply disappears. What I think happened to him was that he accidentally viewed the profile of Majorman and it was uncharted territory for him. So in his quest to leave the box without screwing something else up, his brain saw the ignore button. Thinking this was the equivalent of a X out or close button he clicked it. But in actuality, what he did, was click the member “Ignore” or block button. Then, of course, the software reacted to this request and removed all the post by Majorman. There are other features or actions in the software that have pop up boxes with the same reaction and have no close button. A couple that I have noticed are the alert button (bell) also, the private messaging or conversations (letter or mail icon) react the same way on a phone. The side bar menu on phones accessed with the 3 lines at the left will also react this way, however there is a close out X on it. I’m sure there are other items that give the same reaction. It should minimize the confusion If you know just to click outside of the box and that makes it go away.
I told Used Red MN that I would make a graphic to support his post. This is on a PC, not the phone but should be similar.
1705698916405.png

I told Used Red MN that I would make a graphic to support his post. This is on a PC, not the phone but should be similar.
View attachment 2743
Thank you cpratt
View attachment 2743
Thank you cpratt for the help. I understood everything that used red MN was getting at. Thanks to him as well. As time goes on I believe this site will be easy to use and work well. Now that I know how the ignore thing works it will be easy to not have to read threads from the people that are always negative. Thanks again for clearing up my issue. Have a good weekend.

Thank you cpratt

Thank you cpratt for the help. I understood everything that used red MN was getting at. Thanks to him as well. As time goes on I believe this site will be easy to use and work well. Now that I know how the ignore thing works it will be easy to not have to read threads from the people that are always negative. Thanks again for clearing up my issue. Have a good weekend.
The ignore button is a wonderful thing. That's all I'm saying............ (Not directed at you, BTW)

The ignore button is a wonderful thing. That's all I'm saying............ (Not directed at you, BTW)
Scott 730, you must be a far different “cat” from me. I in no way would consider posting that openly. I just may be to tolerant, or can easily self regulate what posts I look at. If you feel that you need to use that why advertise it? Quietly use it as you see fit. This is of course my opinion.

Scott 730, you must be a far different “cat” from me. I in no way would consider posting that openly. I just may be to tolerant, or can easily self regulate what posts I look at. If you feel that you need to use that why advertise it? Quietly use it as you see fit. This is of course my opinion.
I did not state openly whether I use it or not....... All I implied is that it is a useful tool to use on this site. YMMV.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back