IH 504 Question + Advice needed BADLY

Thanks so much! So far it seems the hydraulic reservoir is 12gal. So I’d need 3 5gallon of HyTran? I found this alternative that says for use in Case/IH hytran that’s half the price of the IH branded HyTran. Thoughts? It’s
“Providence Automotive Premium Trans-Hydraulic Fluid for Case / IH 5.0G - PA-IH5HY” sold by Rural King.

Once I drain hydraulic fluid is there something I should do to flush the rest of the bad fluid out?

Thank you!
It’s been a while but don’t think their is anything special (no wet clutches or brakes) about a standard 5 speed trans and ta setup on a 504 so any quality trans/hydraulic fluid will work. You could even use dextron transmission fluid but would contaminate any tractor you shared hydraulic implements with

Getting the water out of the trans is a job as everything inside the trans doesn’t completely drain . The nooks and crannies can hold more than you think.

also the small displacement higher rpm engine didn’t provide the pulling power of the good old farmall m. But it was nicer to drive and had good hydraulics.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back