Looking at a IH 674 gas with a 2050 loader. I would need this unit to lift a pallet of seed, with forks of course. Looks like about 60 hp tractor so know it'll be close, but not familiar with this loader. Need 2500# minimum lift capacity. Thanks in advance.

I can not comment on the IH loader
but I have a Woods 1027 on my 674
row crop. The loader is rated for
2600 lbs. It will lift and move that
much but it sure doesn't like it.
Especially the front axle. Hard to
steer also with that big of a load.

You're not going to lift 2500 with that loader. We have a 574 with a 2050series A and it will not lift that much. IF we want to lift totes of seed or pallets like that we use the telehandler for it. Even if you can lift it you will find the spindles are not going to stand up to that for long or the rearend is going to be in the air. Not the best option for that kind of weight. My brother has a 2940 Deere and it will just barely lift a tote box of seed with it,. He has to do the tilt before he puts the weight on it or wait till it gets partly empty to tilt the forks back with it. IT will lift the weight just fine not the tilt of the bucket cylinders though. Takes a pretty good loader to lift that kind of weight. Most of the newer like last 15 years will lift those weights with bigger tractors like a 100 HP so the rearend stays down with MFWD to help make sure it goes.

(quoted from post at 18:08:23 09/15/23) I can not comment on the IH loader
but I have a Woods 1027 on my 674
row crop. The loader is rated for
2600 lbs. It will lift and move that
much but it sure doesn't like it.
Especially the front axle. Hard to
steer also with that big of a load.

Got it, sounds right Thank you!

Understand every point, great info. So I already have a 4020 power shift with h a 148 loader. I ve unloaded these pallets with a 3020 so know the 40 should be no problems. Was just wondering if I could get by with something a bit more compact. Just need to match a probably early 148 with a set of forks.
Thanks again, I totally understand your points.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back