the diverter valve stem and maybe one
around the gasket from the control
assembly to the main err hydraulic casting
( not sure what the best term is).

So in the interest of doing the easiest
thing first I want to solve the leak
around the diverter valve. I can't find
what seal I need to replace. Could someone
point me in the correct direction please?

Secondly how can I drain the hydraulic
fluid? I have found the hydraulic fill /
level on the back behind the seat but
can't find a drain? I am assuming I will
need to drain the fluid in order to strip
down any of the lift control assembly?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Not familiar with the B models. I would expect to find a plug on the bottom maybe up above the drawbar so you might need to pull it out or slide it sideways.

Hello Brick welcome to YT. If we do not have direct experience with your tractor in most cases on an oddball IH tractor it can be looked up on the manufacturers online parts catalog. There we can see the configuration and possibly help out in that way. Unfortunately, the B250 is not in their data base. There are a few guys on here that know a bit about these machines hopefully they will chime in. I have access to a B275 service book which is shown as the next tractor size up in that series. I have no idea how close it comes to the configuration of your tractor. You are welcome to a copy if you send me an email.

(quoted from post at 02:56:17 03/20/23) Hello Brick welcome to YT. If we do not have direct experience with your tractor in most cases on an oddball IH tractor it can be looked up on the manufacturers online parts catalog. There we can see the configuration and possibly help out in that way. Unfortunately, the B250 is not in their data base. There are a few guys on here that know a bit about these machines hopefully they will chime in. I have access to a B275 service book which is shown as the next tractor size up in that series. I have no idea how close it comes to the configuration of your tractor. You are welcome to a copy if you send me an email.

Hi used red. That would be great thanks. That will give me a fighting chance. I'll figure out how to send you a message.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back