John deere 55 combine questions

I have a few questions about john deere 55 combines and other models in that series. Going to be looking for a square back one in the next year or so to use on about 20 acres that I will rotate between beans and corn. 1 are filler plates needed to run corn on these? I've seen some people say you absolutely need them and others say you don't and it makes no difference. 2 are there any good sources for parts anymore? Bryant combine use to be a source for older combine parts but they closed a few years back and sold / scrapped out their inventory. 3 I've seen different types of quick tach or intermediate feederhouses on these, one style looks like the xx00 series feeder house and another style looks more like a gleaner style feeder with a round drum with fingers on the end with a rounded bottom to fit the contour of a grain platform. Can you run a corn head with either feeder house or only the ones that look like the xx00 series feeder?

Thanks for any answers
Smalltimer

When I ran corn in mine I never installed the filler plate and it worked just fine. Parts are getting to be an issue, that s why I just drug home another parts machine. They are simple enough that a good machine shop could make about any part you can t find any more. For a 213 platform or 343 corn head you need the newer style feeder house that is flat on the front.

I run both a 95 and a 105. The curved bottom feederhouse is for grain platform only. I updated both my machines to the latter style. For parts the best thing to do is buy a second machine. I have 2 105 combines and a 95 for parts. Tom

(quoted from post at 06:16:58 11/11/23) I run both a 95 and a 105. The curved bottom feederhouse is for grain platform only. I updated both my machines to the latter style. For parts the best thing to do is buy a second machine. I have 2 105 combines and a 95 for parts. Tom

Might you know where a fella could find an updated feeder house for a 95? I have a 443 corn head I would like to put on a 95.

If ya wouldn t mind checking it out. Even if it is a shell. I can replace bearings and such, but right now I can t even find a good start. 98955one574zero. Texts work best, calls are iffy.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back