John Deere M Front Wheel Removal

brooketesta

New User
Can someone please give me some advice on removing the front wheels on a John Deere Model M?
I see four small bolt heads on the back side of the rim, but nothing on the front.

Thanks

Can someone please give me some advice on removing the front wheels on a John Deere Model M?
I see four small bolt heads on the back side of the rim, but nothing on the front.

Thanks
It helps get the correct answer quicker if you post pictures, front and backsides, we can see what you are looking at.

Sounds like you have the early cast iron wheels. If I'm not mistaken there's 3 bolts on the backside holding on the hubcap not 4. Remove those bolts and pull the hubcap. Then you need to remove the big nut and bearing to pull it off.

You are looking at a cast iron front wheel with a cast hub cap, with a smooth face..... On the back, there are three machine screws that hold on the hub cap.. Three screws out, hub cap off, pull cotter pin,, nut off slide off bearings ,, hub is off......

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back