My 44, second time

8NHENRY

In1994 we bought an acreage and needed something to move snow with. An old high school friend had a 44 Massey with a trip bucket Horn 50 loader. One night I ran into him at the local watering hole and he said he would sell it to me. This thing was a great snow mover, it always started and ran great. In 2000 we moved to town and a co-worker was looking for a tractor and loader so I sold it to him. The other day I ran into him and he asked if I wanted it back because he hadn't used it in years because he got a pickup and blade. I asked how much, he replied same as you sold it to me. I said sure. I went out yesterday to see if I could get it running. The tank was dry and clean so I cleaned the sediment bowl, flushed the carb out, dressed up the points, put gas and a battery in it, he popped right off and ran great. Then I had to air up 3 of the 4 tires and backed it out of the shed. Don't know exactly what I am going to do with it other than sell the loader off of it and give it a good bath. He sure isn't pretty, but I like it.
mvphoto105381.jpg

mvphoto105382.jpg

In this case ..what comes around goes around.. it is great that it was stored inside (saw pic in Tractor Talk) and stayed in reasonably good condition with minimal effort to bring it back to life. If you decide to remove the loader I will buy those cylinders from you. My email is good! I have one of those Horndraulic loaders on my Farmall M. When I was growing up on the farm in Kansas we always had it on an H it was the main loader for our farm with an 80 head cow-calf herd. How many times that thing was shifted from forward to reverse had to be a crazy number. It had the 2 stage cylinders on it but later on they got sent to scrap. I have single stage on it now that came with a second loader that was bought along the way but would like to have the double ones.

Thank you for the reply yeah I know used it to move snow I was really impressed with how well it worked. I will contact you once I decide what I am going to do with the loader.

The fella I am buying this back from came back from vacation. He stopped by the other day and I paid him for the purchase. We shook hands he thanked me for letting him use it for 23 years, I thanked him for storing it :)
So hopefully this weekend I will get out to his place and bring it back home.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back