My new Massey Ferguson 135 diesel!

It is 99% leaking from the rear pan gasket and probably a slow drip from the rear main.

Order the AGCO genuine pan gasket kit, the cork is better than anywhere else. I did my pan gasket first, as I thought it would be easier. 3 years later I finally got the courage to do the split and did the clutch and rear main. If you do the rear main, order the rubber rope to lip seal conversion kit. It's pricey but will not leak.

Everything you need to do any job on the tractor is already on the Internet . Bundy bears shed on you tube turns every bolt on the tractor. Here's a picture of my rear main with new seal fitted.
1000004656.jpg

It is 99% leaking from the rear pan gasket and probably a slow drip from the rear main.

Order the AGCO genuine pan gasket kit, the cork is better than anywhere else. I did my pan gasket first, as I thought it would be easier. 3 years later I finally got the courage to do the split and did the clutch and rear main. If you do the rear main, order the rubber rope to lip seal conversion kit. It's pricey but will not leak.

Everything you need to do any job on the tractor is already on the Internet . Bundy bears shed on you tube turns every bolt on the tractor. Here's a picture of my rear main with new seal fitted.
View attachment 64928
Can you do the pan gasket without splitting the tractor! Thanks so much for the info

I pull a 6' Woods brush hog with my 135, and through dense native grasses sometimes 3-4' tall. Of course, this is 1st and 2nd-gear work, and starting every season with sharpened blades. I'll run over saplings and bushes up to about 1/2" in diameter. It's not that the 700-lb Woods can't handle a 1" diameter something. The cutting tips weigh 8 lb, and are hinged. It's just that it makes an awful racket doing it, and the whole rig shakes, as if telling me it's definitely not happy. So, for anything bigger than 1/2", it's either loppers, a brush saw, or a chain saw.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your machine. You picked a good one. And, be sure to buy a copy of the Parts Book and Service Manual. Check ebay for those.

Hello everyone!!!!! I’ve never owned a tractor and have been reading up on this tractor I just bought. Some have went as far as to say “it is one of the best tractors ever made” seeing that quote or something similar to it made me pull the trigger on this guy. However I do have some questions.
I am mechanically inclined Auto tech for close to 15 years at a mom and pop shop and I’m sure I could figure all this out but I think it’s best to ask before I just take stuff apart.
1. Got a pretty good oil leak from rear main seal area. I know the tractor has to be split to put the rear main in however I have seen some folks say it could be a pan gasket as well and im not sure if I need to split the tractor or not to do this? It’s a pretty heavy leak so it needs to be fixed soon. But I’ll keep oil in it until I get a chance to fix it.

2. Changing the Oil, a lot of folks say rotella 15/40 and a 837595M91 oil filter. Any reason to not use a Napa 1188 filter?

3. Fuel filters same as above can I use Napa brand? Can I convert it to a spin on filter? Maybe that filters better?

4. Where or what brand can I get some tie rod ends? Assuming that’s what they are called on a tractor. (The end of the long bar that come from the steering box)

5. The steering box seems to have a little play in it, is that something to be concerned with? Or can just let it ride?

6. Anything service wise I should do to the tractor before really using it? I put a new battery in with new terminals today, and I put new front tires and tubes on it yesterday.

Thank y’all so much!

over all I’m tickled and thrilled to own my first tractor, I have more questions on how to properly plow a field. As well I have most implements. The tractor came with a roto tiller. I have a turn plow (dual 16s I think) , a harrow, a root rake, a bush hog, and a box blade. I got all my implements from my great grand paw my dad still has both his tractors (8n and a 9n)

1. Do I need to go back to the beginning of the row before I drop the plow or can I just go back and forth like mowing a yard?

2. Should I turn it then use the harrow?

3. I’m planting sunflowers on around a acre first if that helps anything 🤷‍♂️
As per jtxn answer....

With the exchange rate on the Canada /USA dollar.....

The cost to you shall be very reasonable.

The seal is available through a wholesaler in Ontario. KH Supply carry's the brand Quality Tractor Parts from Ireland. They supply several retailers in Canada.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back