Need help identifying Case Tractor

Noginblast

New User
I have a tractor here that we use as a tree shaker during pecan season and I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the tractor type and year model.

I tried figuring it myself based off of the tag I found but I don t think I m correct because the year I came up with is 1936 based on the serial in the first picture(4068541). This tractor doesn’t look THAT old.

Any info would be much appreciated.
mvphoto111898.jpg

mvphoto111900.jpg

mvphoto111901.jpg

mvphoto111902.jpg

This post was edited by Noginblast on 11/26/2023 at 09:00 pm.

Look like a case 430. From the early 1960s ,cant tell
from that tag as it in too bad of shape .

If its a 430 there should be a 4 in front of that 31. But I
cant see the first number. So whatever number is in front
of that 31 , be it a 4 , 5 or 6 thats the model. Dont think
its a 630. Could probably figure it out by looking the
serial number up.

(quoted from post at 22:33:18 11/26/23)
Thanks! The tag has the number 31 and below it 4068541 if that helps
I'd bet there was originally a number 4 in front of the 31. It does loook like a 430 from the early to mid sixties.

(quoted from post at 00:59:21 11/27/23)
(quoted from post at 22:33:18 11/26/23)
Thanks! The tag has the number 31 and below it 4068541 if that helps
I'd bet there was originally a number 4 in front of the 31. It does loook like a 430 from the early to mid sixties.

I think you re right on the money. I m looking at the picture up close and it s scratched out pretty good but it still resembles a 4

If it is a 430, the sheet metal on the hood will be one
long section, and go completely over top of the fuel
tank. Also the battery will be accessible through a
little door on top of the hood. The 530 has a short
sheet metal top and the fuel tank top is exposed.
I dont recall having seen a 430 with that dash cluster.

The tag shown in pix is for the loader and it looks like a model 32. The tractor is probably a 530, as the battery is under the steering/dash area. Look for a tag on the panel on the right side of the instrument panel, if it is there, it will have model and sn on it. If the panel is gone, so is the tractor number. Looking at pix, I would say it was built in first half of the 1960s. Has the heavy non adjust front axle to go with the construction grade loader.

Any 430 that I've seen had a straight shift lever. The 530s had a lever the curved to the right then curved back straight up. This has the curved shift lever. I'd call it a 530.

Yall are some solid detectives. I ll have to go look for a serial number tag this week.

I ll post an update if I find it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back