Need help identifying this Massey Harris tractor I just

Landin

New User
Hey guys first post on the site and I feel it is worth it to ask as I haven't been able to find it at all. I believe I have a Massey Harris 44 I just don't know what year. It is gas and the serial number is 44 GS 16348
Thank you in advance for your help I feel from my research it's either a 50 or 51 but any input would be fantastic and greatly appreciated

Perhaps you have checked the serial# chart on this site... It doesn't include 'GS' but other than that it looks like you have a 1951.

(quoted from post at 14:05:52 11/15/23) Perhaps you have checked the serial# chart on this site... It doesn't include 'GS' but other than that it looks like you have a 1951.

Thank you very much for your help!

(quoted from post at 18:24:01 11/17/23) 1951.

Yes we got it down to a gas standard 1951 massey harris!
Now I'm finding all the electrical finds that others have tried out. It has some of the 12v system in it... bigger started, has a alternator, 12v battery and little white resistor on it. But the electrical is a mess. Has anyone done a new harness on these and know where maybe I could purchase the parts and what not. It'll run the die farely suddenly making me believe it's the coil or carb, after running multiple tests.

So I want to fish for the upgraded 12v system completely and put a new harness in with new parts completely as far as the dash goes and what not

Landin, the wiring is not rocket science. Assuming you have the 12 volt system in place, here's a diagram to check yours against, and make upgrades as needed. There's been many discussions of this system here in the forums. If you have specific questions, ask away. :
cvphoto166990.jpg
Your ''start button'' may be integrated into the ignition switch or a separate push button on the dash. I think I snatched this diagram off this site, so kudo's to whoever provided it in the first place. steve

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back