Need help on 56 planter

300guy

First I need to find plates to plant milo with in this planter. I am not sure of part numbers or what to use with this planter. Just starting to try to figure it out from the owners manual.

Second does anyone know of any place to get a reasonably priced marker switcher piece part number 486997R1. It is a piece of what looks like 1/4 thick rubber by maybe 1 x 2. They are priced at $40 or more for new ones. Anyone ever make one from like an old tire side or something like that?

cvphoto163134.jpg

The plate number that you will probably want is IH 483022R1. It will need a filler ring to take up the space as these are thin plates. The filler ring part number is IH 13870-A. This combo is what we used anyway with success on into the 900 series planter. You may be fortunate and find some online, if not they can be obtained from Lincoln Ag or Lustran. On the row marker tripper...I remember ours being a hard plastic with a small protruding pin molded into the back to help hold it in place. It was made of the same material as a grain drill feed cup blank. We never could find a suitable substitute for the original IH part. I forgot to mention in the other post, keep an eye on where the hex shaft comes out of each row unit gearbox to lead to the seed hopper,as once they have a lot of acres ran through the planter, they tend to partially round off and make the seed hopper slip / skip. If it's turning
its planting. Hope this helps.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back