Need Ideas for Wagon/Trailer/etc. to go with Restored 8n

RTR

I m restoring a 1950 ford 8n that was given to me and my father in law by the wife of a dear friend of his. That friend bought the tractor new and he used to OWN his own feed store and feed mill. I call it a mill because it was literally a small plant and he had his own brand of feed. I didn t live in the area before the man passed or the feed company closed so I have no connection, yet I feel the need to make a small tribute wagon, trailer, float, ???? Something to the feed store/mill to preserve its local history and so people can reminisce when used at local tractor shows and parades. I need some creative ideas even if I have to build it. I do have access to an antique deck over hay wagon. The feed plant was called "Fuzzy s Feeds" in Florence , Alabama. There is a news Article about it if you search it online.

That will be cool to see. I don't really have any ideas at the moment but looking forward to see what everyone comes up with.

Interesting story! Here's an idea, what about a flare box wagon with the old feed mill name hand painted on the sides. Especially if you have any pics of the old signage that was on the original building to use as a pattern.

cvphoto163015.jpg

cvphoto163016.jpg

cvphoto163017.jpg

Good ideas so far. I had actually thought about doing that but since I ll be borrowing the flat deck wagon, I don t want to build something more permanent on it. The family uses it as a pot luck table at the holidays. I would build however something that could be taken on and off easily. I even thought about building some sort of props or signage to put on the wagon that could easily be taken off when not needed. Ideas for the props is what I really need. Just a plain sign on the wagon by itself wouldn t have much effect in my opinion

I like the idea down below with a flare side ( barge box ) wagon. Keep the back tailgate off and put
seats in it with the people facing each other. You could probably haul a dozen people. An
advertising for the feed mill on the side is a great idea. Bill

cvphoto163018.jpg

This is a picture of my Jubilee & Dearborn wagon. We put straw bales on it for authentic seating during parades and hay rides

How are your tractor driving skills? A four-wheel wagon is great going forward, but no picnic backing up- especially with something like an 8N where your rearward visibility is not good and no power steering.

Here is a photo during construction. No plans. $1600 at Menards in 2016!
cvphoto163058.jpg

Carriage bolts on the uprights. Angle iron and lag screws on the cross members. 2 ball hitch. Fully lighted with led lights and multiple reflectors. Goes to three elementary schools for AG Day every year. Multiple family, church, and sports team rides. 1000s of riders! Send me more details if you need them.
Don

I would go with either the barge box or put a couple stake pockets on each side so a sign could hang from the stake pockets they could be lifted off easy by hand with one or two people. the barge box I would find my own running gear for. IF you used an old truck axle you could make it a trailer and be much easier to back in to a building for storage than a wagon would be. Axle can be set so the weight would balance well or tongue heavy all depends on what you want. A flar side would let you bolt seats down each side with less need for building since the sides are already half way there. Old school bus seats work pretty well for passengers.

Would I need to find a proper drawbar to pull any kind of wagon or trailer? I have the common drawbar that fits between the lift arms.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back