OT - Current Health Issues Updates

Tim PloughNman Daley RIP

Since YT no longer has an OT Forum, Ill post here and try to keep this brief : > ) but hope my story will benefit others. I know we all have our crosses to bear and
there are many of you that have been or are going thru serious health issues as well. Ive been around this board since the early 1990s and have seen many come and go
its part of life. Weve all known the fellas just here on the FORD boards that have suffered cancer and/or other disease and have passed. My Mom (passed last AUG at
92) taught us to always think of others and how much worse they may be. So, I try to not complain when I think of her words and all our Wounded Warriors and the
children suffering at St. Judes and say a prayer for them. Having spent over 35 years in automotive CNC machining, manufacturing, and engineering certainly
contributed to all of my health issues today. Signs that arthritis was setting in were there with my back, knees, and hands 20 years ago but chose to ignore them and
go on. I have chronic arthritis in my knees, the right one has been just bone-on-bone for at least the past ten, and Ive needed a titanium one since. BMI, health
insurance, and other issues have prevented that from happening. Carpal Tunnel surgery in both hands in 2002 did nothing. In 2020 I was diagnosed with chronic flat
footed disease that means my ankle bones are all mush. It would take 3 surgeries to fix but, not 100%, then the Cheena virus came along and shut everything down
including hospitals and some surgeries. In 2019 I had an Ischemic Stroke with A-FIB. I suffered mostly from Aphasia and the A-FIB was constant until I had a Cardio
Ablation and an ICM LOOP (24/7 EKG) Implant inserted in 2020. Since then, no signs of A-FIB have been shown. Cardio DOC now wants to insert a cath Watchman device to
close off the LAA, which causes 90% of clots and the A-FIB and eliminate the need for an oral blood thinner med. Last year around June 2021 my Hemoglobin began
dropping but I was unaware til SEP when diagnosed in the ER as aplastic anemia. It really began dropping right after April, 2021 when I had my 2nd injection of Moderna
which they think is the cause or contributed to my current aplastic anemia battle. The other factor is the heart med, Amiodarone, Ive been on since my stroke. You
can do your own research but know that both of those drugs have never been approved by the USA FDA. I havent nor ever will get another gubment mandated injection. Ten
days in the hospital and every standard test for anemia turned out NEG. Ive had three bone marrow biopsies with the first two being botched by a young, inexperienced
Oncologist/Hematologist. I switched to a new health care system, The Henry Ford, and new docs. They are much better. The 3rd biopsy showed that I had no leukemia or
lymphoma but didnt rule out other cancers. A normal adult males Hemoglobin level should be between 13 and 17. Mine has been as low as 5.3 a few times. Since SEP 21
I have had to get my CBC tested every week and if HGB is below 7 I have to get blood transfusions. I have had over 50 transfusions since, about every 10-14 days. It
takes about 6-7 hours to get 2 units transfused in the Infusion Lab, double that if I have to go to the ER. My veins are shot. It was taking the RNs 6,7,8 jabs to get
a good vein. DOCS decided to have me get a Smart Port implant in my upper RH chest that will allow them to draw and give blood easier so I wont have to get poked for
a vein. This was done on JUN 24. On JUN 21, with objections from my cardio doc, my new Henry Ford Oncologist/Hematologist had me stop the heart med Amiodarone and
added a Steroid for 6 weeks to see if that would boost my auto-immune system and get me back to normal. So far, it appears to be working and I have not needed a blood
transfusion for almost 4 weeks now. Last week my HGB was 8.7. Nor have they had to use my Smart Port implant yet. I intend to keep it that way. I go see my new HFHS
Oncologist next week and also my new HF cardio doc for the 1st time. I have to go to Detroit now, to the original Henry Ford Hospital, a 2-Hour drive now, but worth
it. The side effects of the med changes are frequent urination and insomnia. I only sleep 2-4 hours per night. Thats OK with me as long as the trade-off is I get my
HGB back to normal and transfusions cease. Plus, Im not counting my chickens before they hatch just yet. The litmus test will be in a month from now when they wean me
off the Steroid and see if that gave my system a reboot. Will keep yall posted on progress then. Meantime, as my favorite handyman always says, Im praying for you
all; were all in this together.

Tim Daley(MI)

God bless! Looks like you have your hands full. Hang in there. I won t bore you with all my health woes and surgeries, but be careful with that Amiodorone. It is supposed to be a short term med and I was on it too lon and it caused lung issues. Keep fighting! Steve

I have had similar issues. I have had five joint repairs, including three replacements, and a heart problem that is under control with a pacemaker/ defibrillator. and am leading a very active normal life. A major factor is that I have a good BMI mainly due to my wife's cooking and my Apple phone keeping track of my steps for me. Oops gotta go walk! Don't let up! keep fighting! trust in your savior do bring you home when it is time!

Hang in there Tim. Just goes to show, one never knows about other peoples problems.
I'm blessed with fairly good health at 78 years. My only real problem is I have a narrow esophagus and have to watch what I swallow so it will go down.

I knew you'd been through some rough times Tim but didn't realize the extent of it.
Modern medicine is a wonder and can postpone but not change the inevitable.
Meanwhile we go on, trusting in our doctors who despite their sharp minds and best efforts, do not know all the potential side effects of the cures they give us.
But they do help us go on even though the cures are often painful to live with.
God's blessings to you. And keep on keeping on.

Wish you the best Ploughman! Sorry to hear you're going through all that. Dealing with insurance companies and mistakes by inexperienced docs doesn't make it any easier. Your efforts to improve or maintain your health speaks to your resolve to keep going and is inspiring. Keep up the fight! Learned from my own experiences: everyday there are advances in medicine which makes the future open to new possibilities. Sometimes you just have to be a pest and keep asking questions! Thanks for your knowledgeable voice on the forum!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back