REBUILDING POWER STEERING CONTROL VALVE ON FORD 2000

Our Phone System is Down!

Please use the Contact us Form

We are working to resolve the issue ASAP! Thanks for your patience!

bwalsh

New User
This message is a reply to an archived post by kentbigbuck on November 28, 2020 at 19:43:38.
The original subject was REBUILDING POWER STEERING CONTROL VALVE ON FORD 2000.

I'm in the process of rebuilding this valve. My steering shaft has what looks like 2 grooves worn in it. It looks like it may have been welded and turned on a lathe at some point in its life to repair the groove that the seal wore into the shaft. I have the Speedy Sleeve and seal repair kit but, I can't tell where to place the sleeve. Does the sleeve sit all the down against the threads or should I place it about 1/4 inch up higher where it looks like there is a groove. I hope this makes sense. One of the grooves looks like it may be a leftover mark from where it was turned on a lathe. Thanks in advance.

The speedy sleeve needs to sit where the seal rides on the shaft. It will give the seal a true and flat surface on the shaft so that no oil leaks. The shaft can have a groove worn in it where the seal touches it. Hope this helps.

I just went through the same thing on my 3400, the speedi sleeve didn't fit well (it was on the loose side). I made a thicker sleeve in my lathe, then machined the shaft in my lathe for my thicker sleeve to fit. If you know someone with a lathe I would suggest going that route.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back