Short Gehl Film From Around 1960

Absent Minded Farmer

Almost forgot about this one. I'm guessing the date at around 1960. Think that's the year the forage harvesters got the seafoam green wheels. There's an Allis D something on the hay conditioner in the beginning, so it's after '57. If anyone else runs across some clues as to date, just let me know.

There will be another, longer video coming out featuring Gehl at a farm show in 1955. I really got a kick out of the film. You get to see the Gehl boys at the Papac tent kicking some tires & poking at a display. Lots of other classics to ogle as well.

Stay tuned for more films!

Enjoy!!

Mike

That was enjoyable with the sound off. Whoever played that screeching should have been held under water, but it was fun to watch that old stuff working.
Glad to hear it was still visually appealing! :thankyou: When it gets down to using music without copyright, the pickin's are gettin' slim. Even though there are several sound effects records here, things like artillery fire or an old hit 'n' miss cement mixer just didn't quite cut it.

Mike

Almost forgot about this one. I'm guessing the date at around 1960. Think that's the year the forage harvesters got the seafoam green wheels. There's an Allis D something on the hay conditioner in the beginning, so it's after '57. If anyone else runs across some clues as to date, just let me know.

There will be another, longer video coming out featuring Gehl at a farm show in 1955. I really got a kick out of the film. You get to see the Gehl boys at the Papac tent kicking some tires & poking at a display. Lots of other classics to ogle as well.

Stay tuned for more films!

Enjoy!!

Mike

Thanks for posting. Gehl sold a lot of those early silage wagons. Grandfather had one. Tom

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back