sickle section supplier

foresterdj

New User
I am looking to refurbish an old self-propelled sickle bar mower (not a Jari) that I got from my Dad's estate. No idea what the make is, Dad got it at a farm auction 50+ years ago I recon. The bar has 18 sections, some broken all others have been sharpened way back. The sections are 2" wide, hole spacing is 1 & 3/8th, original length maybe 2.75".

Have been looking on line and mostly, if a size is listed, the sections are too big. Does anyone have any pointers on where I could look for sickle sections this size?

I am guessing all the ledger plates should also be replaced, the 19 guards are all in good shape otherwise.

I am looking to refurbish an old self-propelled sickle bar mower (not a Jari) that I got from my Dad's estate. No idea what the make is, Dad got it at a farm auction 50+ years ago I recon. The bar has 18 sections, some broken all others have been sharpened way back. The sections are 2" wide, hole spacing is 1 & 3/8th, original length maybe 2.75".

Have been looking on line and mostly, if a size is listed, the sections are too big. Does anyone have any pointers on where I could look for sickle sections this size?

I am guessing all the ledger plates should also be replaced, the 19 guards are all in good shape otherwise.
These fit your dimensions, but are out of stock.

Pull one off and see if it has a letter stamped in it like an A or B. If not take one to a farm and home store and see if you can find sections that match

Well that is promising, I will keep looking. The farm store here in Bemidji does not have much selection but when I get one off I will check with them. I will attach a picture of the mower.

Attachments

• mower left.jpg
    mower left.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 24

Try giving Web Manufacturing, was formally Webb's Sickle Service. They are in Grand Island, NE. Phone 308-381-7090. I have bought a lot of sickle parts from them over the years. They seem to always have everything.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back