Wednesday Wagons

These are located in Hartsuff NB at a Fort museum. two Phaetons a Surrey, and a goods wagon Not reproductions. Jim
20230806_132634.jpg

Those English wagons sure look overbuilt. What did they haul? Whiskey barrels? I hope they had high loading docks.
there's a video showing an English wheelwright building wheels. They are quite different from American practice. Did they
have hickory in England?

Those English wagons sure look overbuilt. What did they haul? Whiskey barrels? I hope they had high loading docks.
there's a video showing an English wheelwright building wheels. They are quite different from American practice. Did they
have hickory in England?
They are farm wagons so they would have hauled sheaves, grain in sacks, a smaller two wheeled one which tipped, called a Tumbril was used fro root crops. I can just remember a wagon like these and pulled by two horses, carting sheaves from the harvest field.

have hickory in England?

Anyone know about the one hoss shay?

Ash, Oak and Hornbeam, but no hickory. I read a book about plant collectors from Kew Gardens. There is a surprising lack of tree diversity in England. The authors were botanists, not adventure writers. They could describe a trek through the mountains that would have impressed Ernest Shackelton sound like a stroll in a park.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back