What do think, snow blade

So I bought this blade at a scrap yard the other day. I think it was mounted on some sort of four wheeler. It had a long piece of 2x3 tubing that was linked to a one inch square piece to go into the rear hitch. The tubing was all bent up, so I have cut it off right were the blade angles. I can't decide if I should weld a new piece of tubing onto it and push from the center of the tractor. Or just mount it to the two mower brackets in front of the front axle. Also the blade is not too heavy, but it is four feet wide. If I push from the center of the tractor, I could fix a lever to lift it with the front brackets. If you look close you can see the end of the tube were I cut it off. The blade has springs that let it tip over if you hit something solid and it angles. Behind the seat of the tractor is a platform that my sprayer sits on. I could stack some flywheels on there for more traction. Tractor is a hydro.

Attachments

• IMG_1153.jpg
    IMG_1153.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 71
So I bought this blade at a scrap yard the other day. I think it was mounted on some sort of four wheeler. It had a long piece of 2x3 tubing that was linked to a one inch square piece to go into the rear hitch. The tubing was all bent up, so I have cut it off right were the blade angles. I can't decide if I should weld a new piece of tubing onto it and push from the center of the tractor. Or just mount it to the two mower brackets in front of the front axle. Also the blade is not too heavy, but it is four feet wide. If I push from the center of the tractor, I could fix a lever to lift it with the front brackets. If you look close you can see the end of the tube were I cut it off. The blade has springs that let it tip over if you hit something solid and it angles. Behind the seat of the tractor is a platform that my sprayer sits on. I could stack some flywheels on there for more traction. Tractor is a hydro.
Looking GOOD how ever you decide to finish off the project!

I've seen all sorts of versions of this, from mounting ahead of the front axle, to long arms that go back to the transaxle area, and they all work.

Post back as you move forward with this project!

If it was me, I would put the tube back in and make a bracket to hook to the rear. Then a simple hook to the mower lift and you have lift. Would be easier the designing a bracket and lift system all in the front.

Albeit it's on a 4wheeler, the blade is almost identical to yours. I built a mount plate out of 3/16 plate under the center of the ATV frame, with 6 bolt attachment points. Your mower deck might be in the way, but it may furnish you the attachment points if you take it off. Off that plate I welded two sets of drop-down tabs that allow me to through-bolt the ends of my tubes. I have two, 1-1/2" square tubes coming back from the pivot on the blade, about a foot apart from each other. Two keep the blade from swinging back and forth. I lift mine with a front-mount winch. Pull the two through bolts and the winch hook and the blade is off. I can't do pics right now 'cause my phone is not communicating with my PC. steve

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back