Miscellaneous
Picture List
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Kountry Life
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Yesterday's Trucks Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

Fergerson 2-Disc Plow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Den-Texas
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Fergerson 2-Disc Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looking for info 2-disc turning plow,what year they where made,how to adjust 3-point to pull better or flip the dirty, trailing wheel diameter
problem when using it,hard ground,tractor pull to right
Any manual avaible: Thank

B Dean
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Fergerson 2-Disc Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a set of 2 disk plows dearborn tried first time this summer when I got them on my john deere 3020 not plowing very deep and a lot of side thrust.same problem with 3pt john deere,so ive got a 3rd set of john deere pull type to fix up.Good luck .

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Fergerson 2-Disc Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

den,

my only experience working with disc plows was with AC snap couple disc plows.

But should be the same issue. That back trailing wheel must be set at an angle to dig into the side of the rear plow furrow and stay there.
If it is allowed to come off the wall of that furrow the plows will come out of the ground and allow plows to pull to the side.

When setup right the disc plows do a good job, pull straight and are much easier to pull than flat bottoms.
Plus they will roll over roots and rocks where old time flat bottoms would hang.

Don Hooks*
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Fergerson 2-Disc Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Den,
I got a parts and instruction manual off eBay for the incomplete PA 021 I picked up in September. There were two or three tailwheel designs and the one I have doesn"t have an angle adjust but there is some tuning of bite. I haven"t plowed with one for almost 40 years but I don"t remember any problems with side thrust unless I was working new ground then I would make a shallow pass and follow up as deep as it would handle. Since we didn"t have a lot of ground the extra time wasn"t bothersome and the second pass reduced disk time. The disc will cut hard ground when a flat bottom will slide over unless it is new-sharp and tilted forward. To hook up I usually did whatever it took to get the lift arms on then bumped it up and down and leveled the lift arms but left the prop in place. Then I would adjust the top link to a loose fit, raise the plow and pull the prop up and that was all the adustment I would normally make. That may not be the way someone plowing all day, every day did it but it worked for me. We also had a Dearborn disc plow with the big cast iron block on top that didn"t seem to care how it was hooked up - it always pushed the tractor sideways until we got new single rib front tires and added some weight to the front.

fergone
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Fergerson 2-Disc Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a POA20 Disc plow I had it a long time before I put it in the ground and it pulled to the left big time ,not used but to show .

Post new topic    Yesterday's Trucks Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1