Miscellaneous
Picture List
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Kountry Life
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Yesterday's Trucks Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

lucas voltage regulator adjustment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
61uni
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: lucas voltage regulator adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is there any adjustment on these regulators?

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: lucas voltage regulator adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All non solid state regulators can be adjusted. How to requires a good description in an appropriate old manual covering the brand and type.
(not similar kinds)
Lucas Components have issues (in my head) that makes me want to throw them about 40 inches up in front of me then using a beaten to death Louisville slugger (stone approved bat of course) swinging for the fence. JimN

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: lucas voltage regulator adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All non solid state regulators can be adjusted. How to requires a good description in an appropriate old manual covering the brand and type.
(not similar kinds)
Lucas Components have issues (in my head) that makes me want to throw them about 40 inches up in front of me then using a beaten to death Louisville slugger (stone approved bat of course) swinging for the fence. JimN

BCnT
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: lucas voltage regulator adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lucas...Prince of Darkness
i've had more than my fair share of headaches with BSA,Triumph,Jaguar,Norton,and a few others i'd just as soon forget...what flavor and type Lucas problem are we working on?

Paul in MN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: lucas voltage regulator adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The "adjustment" I did to mine was to relocate it to the nearest landfill. The Lucas generator on my 8000 Ford tractor was about 20 amps on the day it was made, and zero when I got it. It was way underside for any modern tractor with proper lights. I replaced it with a 72 amp Delco SI 10 and it has worked well for the last 25 years. Unless you are into absolute originality, then be done with it. Gone Gone Gone!!!

Paul in MN

Post new topic    Yesterday's Trucks Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1