Miscellaneous
Picture List
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Kountry Life
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Yesterday's Trucks Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

Schramm/IHC air compressor

Post new topic    Yesterday's Trucks Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg-N-CA

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Schramm/IHC air compressor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We brought it home! To our suprise, the trans, diff, and finals are IHC. We looked under the tractor and found the same tractor works as the SA we're restoring. Check out the rear wheel and rim.

It needs a couple items taken care of (new front tires and a carb kit) and it will be up and running. Even at idle it pumps air REALLY fast. It will deliver 160 CFM @ 100 PSI all day long!

Pretty cool unit!

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Schramm/IHC air compressor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great find. You won't be able to complain about lack of air pressure!
JimN

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Schramm/IHC air compressor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like it runs on three cylinders, and pumps air with the other three? Does it run smooth, or does it sound like it is missing on three cylinders?

Bob M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Schramm/IHC air compressor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty cool unit indeed!

Here's the diesel variant of your tractor (Schramm "PneumaDiesel") from the Canadaigua NY steam show last summer.

Fascinating old machines...

Greg-N-CA

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Schramm/IHC air compressor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep, it runs on three and pumps air with the other three.

Actually it runs very smoothly, at least at idle. The carb leaks gas everywhere and I can't get it to run above idle at this time. The carb is coming off this evening for a look-see.

Greg

Mike CA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Schramm/IHC air compressor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Neat machine. Any plans for particular use, or just a fun toy?

Greg-N-CA

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Schramm/IHC air compressor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It will be a working toy. With the CFM rating, it will be our sandblasting air source. We want to set it up for parades with air horhs and whistles. It's a retired Navy rig, I have a ship's bell to put on it!

Vito
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Schramm/IHC air compressor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's one cool looking tractor.Nice find.
Vito

charles todd
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Schramm/IHC air compressor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

160 CFM @ 100 PSI??? You sure??? That is a lot of air, like a lot! Like a trailer mounted 4-6 cylinder screw compressor jackhammer/sandblasting rig utilizing a 1"+ hose. Lotsa aira... Nice buy.

Mike CA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Schramm/IHC air compressor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Greg-N-CA wrote:
It's a retired Navy rig

Really? What year? I've never seen anything like it, and we don't have any current equipment that just provides are like that.

I remember a while back a guy for a '42 tow tractor. Man, I still want that in the worst way! Laughing

Greg-N-CA

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Schramm/IHC air compressor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was made in 1972. I need to find manuals for it, but I haven't had any luck yet.

Greg-N-CA

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Schramm/IHC air compressor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep, I'm sure, the tag reads 160 CFM @ 100 PSI. WAY COOL!

Mike CA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Schramm/IHC air compressor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Greg-N-CA wrote:
It was made in 1972.

So was I! Laughing

Jim A
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Schramm/IHC air compressor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Greg,
I have a 1972 just like yours. Back when I got mine you could get books and parts from Schramm, but not today, as they stopped the compressor line in the mid 1980's. You need to talk to Sam Hardgrove in Texas, he will have the manuals and should have a carb. kit. His number is 817 346 2328. Nice looking tractor, if you need information let me know I will help you out.
Jim Arras

Sam Hardgrove
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Schramm/IHC air compressor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brochure- FYI

Post new topic    Yesterday's Trucks Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1