Miscellaneous
Picture List
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Kountry Life
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Yesterday's Trucks Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

2900 Allis Chalmers engine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenGubbels
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: 2900 Allis Chalmers engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a kid who wants me to overhaul an Allis Chalmers 2900 Inline 6 diesel engine.So what I would like to know is what tractors or applications they were used for? This particular one is an irrigation engine.Why I would like to know what tractors they where in is so I can use the repair manual from those particular tractors so I can get the engine running according to specs.
Any Help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Skyhighballoon(MO)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: 2900 Allis Chalmers engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 2900 is the turbo version of the Allis 301 cu engine. You would have found it in the 190XT and 200 tractors. 7000, 7010 & 7020 also had a 301 engine but I think they were later engine models designated 649T? 649I?...not sure and don't have my books here at work.

If that engine though was designed for an irrigation application originally and not a tractor, it may have a different front plate without the tractor hydraulic pump drive and be more similar to Gleaner combine 301 turbo engines. You might want to look for Gleaner M/M2/L/L2 combine parts/service manuals instead of tractor manuals. HTH. Mike

cadet trooper
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 2900 Allis Chalmers engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with Skyhigh.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Trucks Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1