Miscellaneous
Picture List
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Kountry Life
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Yesterday's Trucks Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

Looking for Chevrolet C60 restoration parts sources

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Suesens
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Looking for Chevrolet C60 restoration parts sources Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recently purchased a 1965 Firetruck built on a C60 frame. I am looking for restoration parts sources. I've checked the usual like LMC & ClassicParts but they don't seem to carry parts for the larger truck models.

Any suggestions ???
Thank you

Steve Suesens
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Chevrolet C60 restoration parts sources Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry for the double picture post..Also forgot to mention that the truck was still "in service" when purchased in 2010

Jerry CPP
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Chevrolet C60 restoration parts sources Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Be sure to check out truckandcarshop.com. Good prices, great
service, good selection. You won't find a C-60 listed, but most
pickup and light truck will be the same. I completely restored a '57
5700 2 ton using their parts.
I tried to add a photo but the system must have been "improved"
again, as I can not figure out how to do it this time.

John A.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Chevrolet C60 restoration parts sources Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Steve, Get a hold of Tony Smith of 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks In Kansas City. He is just about the most knowledgeable person I know of on the 64-65-66 Chevy Truck series. He should know of or where to get parts....If he doesn't then you have problems.
Call me and I will give you his personal cell #. I'm am not at liberty to wholesale it out on a public forum. My # is 512-577-3837.
Later,
John A.

Engine One
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Chevrolet C60 restoration parts sources Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sharp truck. I could only see a small part of the pump panel in the picture. Does the fire truck pump/bed happen to be older then the truck?

Steve Suesens
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Chevrolet C60 restoration parts sources Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Engine One,
I don"t know the full history of the truck but anything is possible... Is there something that leads you to believe pump/bed are older than the truck itself?

John A,
I found Tony Smith"s email on Stovebolt site and sent him an inquiry - Thanks for the tip - He has some great looking trucks!

Steve Suesens
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: A couple more photos... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1965 C60 Firetruck

Post new topic    Yesterday's Trucks Forum Index -> Yesterday's Trucks All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1