Miscellaneous
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life
YT Forums
Discount Parts

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Today's Tractors Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

ford 8n oil pan removal???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidlove1969
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: ford 8n oil pan removal??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was going to check the bearings on this 8n that I just bought but to my surprise its a cast iron pan which bolts to the back flywheel housing and the front end frame, as well as the engine. Will I have to remove the engine to do this inspection???
Thanks
Dave

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 8n oil pan removal??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First off you need an I-T manual FO-4. To remove the oil pan you have to remove the hood/gas tank, radiator, and the front end. You have to block the front of the tractor up some how then you can drop the pan. Be careful the pan is around 35-45lbs. Theres also a couple bolts up front that sort of hide so be sure to find them
Hobby farm

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1