Miscellaneous
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life
YT Forums
Discount Parts

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Today's Tractors Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

Farmall H shutter Control rod linkage

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Rong
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Farmall H shutter Control rod linkage Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK, I am tired of looking for an original control rod linkage for the shutters, and what I mean by rod, the long rod from the control crank on the dash to the govenor. I am only missing this rod, can a guy just make one? Either that I am still open to buying one if the right price is asked for it...Last piece I need to have my shutter system complete for my "41 H.

Thanks to everyone in advance...

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall H shutter Control rod linkage Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Actually, the governor is on the other side, but I know what you mean. Don't know why you couldn't just make one. You might have to experiment with the length, etc., but it shouldn't be too hard. I can't help with the dimensions because none of my Hs have it either.

pgo12
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall H shutter Control rod linkage Reply to specific post Reply with quote

one thing i have slowlly been learning is to have patience,[tough one for me]... took me 8 years to find the shutters for my w30. buddy of mine found the part he was looking for after a 20 year search,,,so dont give up,its out there somewhere..........best of luck,,,,,pg

Vito
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall H shutter Control rod linkage Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Scott,
I have one.I sent you a email to contact me.
Vito

Mike Farmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall H shutter Control rod linkage Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its made from 5/16th mild steel rod and the thread is 5/16th NC I've just got the bits but dont have the length yet MTF

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1